fσυя

~A/N: Sorry it's been long since I last updated! I was busy and I just wasn't in the mood for writing, like everything I wrote just sounded terrible. But I hope y'all like this chappy, I think it's quite cute and I love the new character ❤ ~

I met Liam outside my hotel.

He gad changed into black shorts and a grey t shirt, his brunette hair combed up into a quiff.

"Hi." I smiled, approaching him.

"Hello." His deep voice replied, a grin on his lips.

"Well, where are we off to?"

"The beach?"

"Sounds like a good idea." I nodded.

"It's only about five minutes walk." He said, taking off.

I followed him, having no idea where I was going. He was, in fact, correct. It barely took a few minutes in the French heat until we reached a sandy beach. It seemed to stretch out into a crescent, waves lapped on the white sand as the sun set behind a horizon of mountains in the distance. I breathed in the warm air, a light wind brushing through my hair."It's beautiful."

"It is, isn't it? We're here just on time for the sunset as well. The sea is calmer now, and you can see the colour of it better in the day, but it's a lot more crowded and I'm not a fan of that."

"Crowds?"

"Hmm?" He glanced at me in question.

"You're not a fan of crowds?"

"Oh. Not really, I prefer small groups of people, crowds intimidate me. What about you?"

"I'm not sure, I feel like it's easier to keep myself to myself. Everyone else busy with other people."

Liam nodded as we settled on the sandy beach, sitting down near the lapping waves. And we may bot have shared too many words during that time, but looking into the distance with his company provided me with a certain kind of comfort.

When I got back to my hotel room, I began to feel the effects of the sun on my skin. My face and shoulders had turned a shade of red, and burned when I touched it. I guess sitting in the sun at dinner and in the train had done it's job.

Just as I was about take a shower, my phone buzzed on the small bedside table.

"Hello?"

"Hi Nialler, how's France so far?" My friend, Jayce, asked on the other end of the line.

"It's been good, warm. The food at dinner was great and I met a nice guy on the train who happens to be staying at a hotel close to mine. We went on a walk and the beach was lovely."

"Ooh, a boy!" He teased.

"Ugh, Jayce, grow up!" I laughed, dropping on the soft bed.

"Never! I have to keep my position as your goofy friend who seems like he's five years old! You'll never take that away from me!" He joked.

"Oh my God, Jayce stop."

"You know I never will." I heard his giggle before he spoke again. "Well I gotta go do adult things now because apparently my boss thought I was responsible enough to provide me with a job."

"Oh, the fool."

"Yeah, well if I wanna keep it, I gots to go. So I'll call you tomorrow, expecting an update on the cute guy situation!"

"I never said he was cute?"

"I can tell from your voice. He's cute."

And maybe Jayce was right.