sιx

~A/N: Hi y'all! I am so so sorry for not updating! I've just been very busy with exams and this week wasn't the best. So I'm going to update again this weekend hopefully! Anyway, hope you guys are good and like this chapter <3

Song recommendation: Hurricane - MisterWives

~

We neared the town, and settled on having lunch first. Liam said there was a perfect little French corner café just by the beach, which resolved our question of restaurant choice. As we settled on the polished painted white chairs, a picturesque scene unfolded before us. The glistening sea, as if it would still glimmer if you cupped it with your hands, the clear blue sky, the noise of lapping waves and holiday makers. Almost too faultless to be true. 

"What are you going to have, Niall?"

My head snapped back at Liam's question, whipping me out of my daze. "Whatever you're having."

He nodded in response, a caricature grin plastered on his face. "All right, I'll go order." He whisked off the seat, striding towards the back of the light café, to order our food. I was glad he was confident in French, as mine was barely below par. 

I stared out of the window at which we were sat, thinking, wondering. About how much time I had left here. About how much time I would spend in the next place before it had to be over. I thought about the towns I barely touched, about the streets I walked for the first time while for others these streets held moments, memories. About how I wanted to make the most of it, the French summer, and not only that. 

Liam soon came back, holding a small piece of white paper. "It'll be a few minutes."

"What did you order?"

"Two French baguettes with French cheese and chicken. And orange juice for drinks."

"How much do I owe you?"

"You owe me nothing." That grin again. Or maybe a smirk. 

No.

Definitely a grin, I decided, as the corners of his eyes crinkled up in joy, the apples of his cheeks becoming prominent, his lips turning up in a crescent shape. 

"Okay, but next time, I'm buying."

"That's completely fine with me." He replied. And I was glad that he thought there would be a 'next time'. 

***************

 The day could not have passed better. Long and slightly lethargic. But that's what holidays were for, right? 

"Well, Niall, I don't think it would be right for you to visit France and not taste the fine wine the country is famous for." Liam announced dramatically, extending his hand as we walked back up to the city. 

"Hmm, I think you may be correct."

"Oh, I know I am." He smiled confidently, but a humbleness remained in his crinkled eyes.

"Well, where to now?" I questioned.

The sun was settling down behind the horizon of small mountains in the distance. The air smelled crisp and sweet as the sky seemed hazy, almost tired, surrendering it's light before the darkness of the night. The general white noise of a crowded town filled with holidaymakers. 

My skin was slightly darker, but only by a margin. Instead of a luxurious brown town, my pale Irish skin received a lathering of red instead. My nose was dipped in light freckles, my cheeks a little dotted with them. The 50+ sunscreen probably stopped my whole body from taken a crimson tone, but Liam seemed to not have taken this precaution. 

His skin was a light brown, with a tinge of red in places, especially his neck. My eyes passed his toned shoulders, his back as he stepped to overtake me.