fιvε

~A/N: Hey y'all! Sorry this update is later than usual, I just felt like anything I wrote sounded terrible, but I wrote this today and idk, I hope it's okay and you guys like it! I've got a lot of exams next week, so the update probably won't be until later in the week or the weekend. I'm feeling very summery as we've finally got some sun over here, which influences the song rec ^-^

Song recommendation: Nine In The Afternoon - Panic! At The Disco

~

I woke to a heated room, with light rays caressing my face. As I rubbed my eyes open, I saw dust flying in the sunlight, the room feeling slightly stuffy. A thin layer of sweat covered my body as I moved around under the crisp white sheets, removing them before getting up. 

I stretched up my arms, yawning. Walking over to the balcony door, I heard my phone buzzing on the bedside table. I ignored it for  a while, opening the balcony door, stepping out into the sweet French heat. I remember visualizing it all. The freshly baked bread, the Bordeaux wine, sweet sunsets at the beach. And to think I would only have a week of it.

After leaving the balcony, I made my way to the bathroom, having a quick shower, letting the lukewarm droplets pat my back as I washed my hair. 

Only then did I check my mobile, noticing it was Liam.

From Liam: 'It's a very nice day...'

To Liam: 'It is indeed.'

From Liam: 'Do you not feel the beckoning of a day in the French sun?'

To Liam: 'Now that you mention it...pancakes sound good.'

From Liam:  : / 

To Liam: 'Just teasing ;) What are your plans then?'

From Liam: ' I was thinking we could go and explore the town a little, then maybe have a bite and make our way down to the beach? :) '

To Liam: 'Sounds good. Meet you outside my hotel in 30 minutes?'

From Liam: 'Great! See you soon! xxx'

I prepared a bag and got dressed before walking out of my room without having breakfast. 

Liam was standing outside the big hotel door, leaning on the white stair rail. He was wearing a light grey t shirt, which outlined his toned, tanned arms. A snapback was atop his head, placed front to back as his brunette hair was pushed back. Dark shorts covered his thighs, halting just above his knees. 

"Hi." I waved, walking up to him slowly. 

"Hello, Niall. How's your morning been so far?" His thick accent sounded through his voice. 

"Just divine." I grinned, closing my eyes a little.

"I'm glad to hear that. The centre of town is about twenty minutes walk away, we can have launch at one of the restaurants, there's loads of little French ones dotted around the place, they serve the most amazing food."

 "Great, I guess that's one of the things I love about France."

"Oh, so you've been here before?" He asked as we began our walk.

"Yeah, my family and I used to come here every summer when I was a kid. My parents loved it, especially my mum. But, I don't know, I guess at one point we just stopped coming here and then.." I sighed, looking down at my stepping feet.

"Well you're here now! And I bet you you won't regret it." Liam smiled at me, I saw a hint of a smirk there. 

"I know I won't."