002

┏━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┓

𝗡𝗢𝗪 𝗢𝗥 𝗡𝗘𝗩𝗘𝗥

chapter two:halley's comet !

chapter two:
halley's comet !

┗━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┛

ATHENA WASN'T LATE.

Okay, maybe she was.

It was no secret that Athena was literally the worst packer ever. She didn't know what it was about it, but she absolutely despised packing for anything. Honestly, she tended to overpack, worried that she would forget anything important, and then ended up just bringing way too much. Her suitcase was practically filled to the brim.

Ricky agreed to pick her up at one, knowing that it would take them a couple hours to drive to California. He had gone home the previous night after helping her dye her hair to spend some time with his dad since he was also leaving on a trip. Mike was going on a cruise to the Caribbean with Miss Jenn (they had started to become quite serious after Ricky gave their teacher his blessing) and was leaving a couple of days after Ricky did for camp.

Now it was one thirty and she hadn't left yet. Athena, clad in a black and white plaid cropped tank top that tied at the shoulders, a pair of light jean shorts, and her black Converse high-tops, quite literally ran around her room. Her suitcase was finished on her bed, room for literally nothing in it. However, she was doing a final sweep of her room, making sure she had everything that she would need for two weeks of camp.

"Athena," her mother called from downstairs. "You have to get going!"

"Wow, really?" Athena said to herself, her mind kind of spinning. "Didn't notice."

A knock was then heard at her door. Athena looked up from her slight panicking to see Artemis. She was leaning against her doorframe, holding a glass of lemonade in her hand.

Artemis sipped her lemonade through her straw. "Do you know that Ricky's been sitting downstairs talking to mom and dad for half an hour?"

Athena sighed. "Yes, Artemis. I do know that, because I told him to stay down there or else I would get even more distracted and that's really not what I need right now."

"You're going to be fine, 'Thena. I'm sure if you forget something, the camp will have it. Or one of your friends. Most likely Vi — she's always prepared." Artemis snuck a glance at her filled suitcase. "Yeah, you'll be okay."

Athena nodded. "Yeah. For sure. I'll be fine."

Artemis gave her a knowing look. "Are you stalling up here because of packing or because you're nervous?"