004

┏━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┓

𝗡𝗢𝗪 𝗢𝗥 𝗡𝗘𝗩𝗘𝗥

chapter four:for the first time in forever !

chapter four:
for the first time in forever !

┗━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┛

IN ORDER TO keep track of who was auditioning, EJ and Val had everyone fill out these sheets about who they were, and when they were done filling it out, they would get a Polaroid picture taken by Maddox before they auditioned. Athena sat in one of the rows of chairs next to Violetta, filling out her own sheet. Some of the others had started to audition as they did so, like Carlos and Ashlyn. Athena listened to her friends sing as she wrote.

Name. Athena Blake ♡.

Bunk. Honeycomb.

Role. Blank — she wasn't going for anything specific, although Anna would be cool.

Age. Sixteen.

Vocal Range. Soprano and Alto mix. Depends on the song and the key.

Dance Experience? Yes.

Special Abilities. Can play the piano and a little bit of the guitar.

Notes. I hope my hair being dyed pink doesn't deter you, and I'm sorry if it does.

Once she was finished, Athena stood up from her chair and brought her piece of paper over to Maddox, who was currently not taking a picture for anyone. She handed her piece of paper to the girl with a small smile and stood in front of the camera right as the music on the speaker restarted, signaling another audition was taking place.

Athena smiled for the picture, Maddox holding up the Polaroid camera in front of her. However, her focus on the camera was immediately broken by the melodious voice of her boyfriend filling the barn. She looked over Maddox's shoulder, watching as her boyfriend sang For the First Time in Forever extremely beautifully.

Her heart raced and her stomach fluttered as she listened to him. Ricky was really a natural on stage when he was singing. It was kind of weird thinking how he used to be — so anti-musical and shut off. Sure, he might've auditioned for High School Musical as a plan to get back with Nini Salazar-Roberts, but Athena truly thought he found himself in musical theater.

"Hey, Athena," Maddox stated.

"Hm?" Athena hummed in response. She blinked, snapping out of her trance and looking back at Maddox, her cheeks flushing as pink as her hair. "Oh, I'm sorry. Got a little distracted."