007

┏━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┓

𝗡𝗢𝗪 𝗢𝗥 𝗡𝗘𝗩𝗘𝗥

chapter seven:jealousy, jealousy !

chapter seven:
jealousy, jealousy !

┗━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┛

ATHENA WAS ABSOLUTELY and positively lovesick. So lovesick that it actually hurt.

It was like she was living her summer through Ricky Bowen-colored glasses. She was so giddy that she was sure little pink cartoon hearts were floating around her head. Athena wasn't so sure why she was just so happy all of the sudden, but her heart beat for Ricky, and she was practically glowing as bright as the California sun.

All of them had made a plan to put on a production of Fabulous at the pool for Corbin Bleu to see when he walked in. They wanted to impress him, but Athena couldn't help but notice that they were acting less like themselves. Athena wasn't really into that. She was just going to sit on the sidelines and sing along.

Things, of course, had to be pink. Athena had on a hot pink bikini top, white jean shorts with pink hearts on them, and her white high-top Converse with pink laces. She also had on a pair of pink heart-shaped sunglasses.

"I think he's coming," Ricky announced.

All of them gasped and got into their positions. Athena sighed and stretched her legs out in front of her. Ricky pressed on the radio they had, and the music for Fabulous began.

"It's out with the old and in with the new, goodbye clouds of gray, hello skies of blue," Carlos sang.

"And cut!" Ricky exclaimed, turning the radio off. "It's just EJ."

Athena looked up. EJ was standing there with a sheepish expression on his face, clearly sorry that he ruined it. All of them visibly deflated.

"Wow, sorry I'm not Corbin Bleu," EJ said. He then pointed to Carlos' pants. "Hey, I don't remember Sharpay wearing chinos."

Carlos stood up. "Excuse you. Flawless skin and sunlight do not mix."

Violetta stood up as well, placing her hands on her hips. "Eej, come on. Where's Corbin?"

"Gee, I don't know," EJ responded. "Maybe your secret late-night hiking buddy Ricky knows, huh?"

"What?"

"You're funny and you never make things weird, EJ," Ricky voiced.

Athena, her eyebrows knit in extreme confusion, raised her hand. "Gina and I were there, too. Are you okay?"

EJ ignored her, making Athena frown. "Look, Corbin's helicopter had a maintenance issue. He'll be here any second. Are we totally sure about doing this?"