011

┏━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┓

𝗡𝗢𝗪 𝗢𝗥 𝗡𝗘𝗩𝗘𝗥

chapter eleven:one thing, and it's back to the beginning !

chapter eleven:
one thing, and it's back to the
beginning !

┗━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┛

"ATHENA?"

IT WAS nighttime now. Athena had showered and gotten in her pajamas, trying to wash off all of the drama that she had experienced today. She was currently standing in front of the sink, brushing her wet hair. The only other girls in the cabin with her were Violetta and Maddox. Kourtney, Ashlyn, and Gina had been out somewhere, but Gina had just returned, saying nothing but Athena's name.

Athena ran her brush through her hair. "Yeah?"

"Um . . . can we talk?" Gina asked.

"Why? You clearly don't care what I have to say."

Athena didn't really mean to be so abrasive with Gina. However, after dealing with the water throwing and all of the snide comments that Athena hadn't noticed until today, Athena was just done. She wasn't going to let Gina walk all over her. Athena was worth more than that.

"I didn't mean it," Gina admitted. "The don't get me started, the throwing water thing, the telling you to stop when you were trying to tell Kourtney it was okay."

Athena set down her hairbrush and looked at Gina through the mirror. "Really? It seemed pretty personal to me."

"It wasn't."

"Are you sure? Because you weren't even a part of Kourtney and I's plans, you weren't even there when we made them. All you saw was a cup of water and thought to throw it at me. Me, specifically. You could've chosen anyone else."

"You were on stage at the time," Gina protested.

"So was Kourtney," Athena countered. She turned around fully and stared at Gina. "Why not her?"

Gina went silent.

Athena shook her head. "You said you wanted to start over. Is this your definition of starting over? Throwing water at me and telling me to shut up?" Athena let out a quiet scoff. "I defended you when Ashlyn accused you of turning back into Gina one-point-oh during auditions, but you're acting a whole lot like you were at the beginning of the school year."

"I'm not," Gina insisted. "But it's kind of hard not to act like this when you've basically stolen everything from me."

Gina's eyes immediately widened. She seemed to regret what she said. Vaguely, Athena heard Violetta and Maddox leave the cabin, wanting to leave them to their own situation. Athena stood up straighter from her place by the sink.