008

┏━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┓

𝗡𝗢𝗪 𝗢𝗥 𝗡𝗘𝗩𝗘𝗥

chapter eight:no need to fear it, you're not alone !

chapter eight:
no need to fear it, you're not alone !

┗━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┛

"I KNOW WHAT'S going on with Ricky," Violetta told Athena, holding her arm as she went to walk out of the canteen to follow him.

She had been standing there for a moment in complete and utter confusion, not even noticing that Channing was pointing the camera directly on her. Athena broke away from standing by EJ and walked directly towards the door when Violetta stopped her.

"Do you?" Athena asked. "Because I don't really understand."

"He's uncomfortable with the fact that you had to act as a love interest to EJ and sing how love is an open door," Violetta revealed.

Athena froze for a second before her head whipped over to Violetta. "And that made you uncomfortable, too, didn't it?"

"I'm fine, Athena," Violetta insisted. Athena gave her a look. "Okay, maybe it made me feel a little weird. The only difference between him and I is that I see that you did it because Corbin said so and that it's for the documentary. Ricky, however, only sees you. He sees his girlfriend singing a love song with someone that isn't him and how he got rejected from singing said love song."

Athena placed a hand on her forehead. "Jesus Christ. Let me see where he—"

"Wait." Violetta hesitated for a second, looking a little anxious. "Let me talk to him."

Athena blinked. "Oh."

"I'm not saying that Ricky wouldn't want to see you," Violetta reassured her. "But . . . I know how he's feeling right now."

Her eyes turned sad. "Vi, I wouldn't—"

"I know you wouldn't. Just let me go, okay?"

Athena let out a deep breath. "Okay."

Violetta squeezed her arm and gave her a small smile before walking out of the canteen. Athena stood by the door, watching the direction that Violetta went for a moment.

"Where'd she go?" EJ questioned, and Athena looked up at him.

"To talk to Ricky," Athena answered.