015

┏━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┓

𝗡𝗢𝗪 𝗢𝗥 𝗡𝗘𝗩𝗘𝗥

chapter fifteen:you broke her !

chapter fifteen:
you broke her !

┗━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┛

THE HYPE OF the dance had started to die down as the night began to come to a close. Everybody was milking around the barn, trying to soak up the last few minutes of fun before it would be time to go to sleep — before opening night tomorrow, might Athena add.

She currently was standing next to Ricky, his arm wrapped around her waist. Ricky was currently in the middle of explaining to some guy about what had happened during the High School Musical auditions for whatever reason. Athena was kind of following along, but she was mostly glancing towards the place Violetta had disappeared to, hoping to catch a glimpse of her best friend.

"So then I burst in the door, and I go to say am I too late?, but then I see this one singing an original song for her audition," Ricky was saying, nodding his head down to Athena. "I immediately froze because she was incredible."

Violetta suddenly quickly walked out from backstage. Athena went to smile at her, but it immediately slipped off her face from seeing how tears were falling freely down her cheeks. Athena removed herself from under Ricky's arm and took a worried step forwards.

"Vi," Athena said softly. "Hey, Violetta, hold on—"

Suddenly, Violetta dropped the bag she was holding. It caused her things to fall out. Violetta let out a loud sob and bent down, her breathing erratic as she tried to pick up her things, but couldn't because her hands were shaking so bad. Athena felt her heart stop. She had never seen Violetta so frantic.

Athena also took note to the absence of the ring on her left middle finger, which had been given to her by EJ.

"Violetta," Athena repeated, getting to her level. "Violetta, breathe."

"I — I can't," Violetta choked out, dropping another thing and letting out yet another sob. "I — I can't breathe."

Ricky crouched down as well and went to help her pick things up, noticing how bad of a state she was in right now. "Hey, Vi, it's okay. It's okay."

Violetta took her bag back once everything was inside, thanks to Athena and Ricky doing it for her. She immediately walked out of barn, crying harder as she did so. Athena stared after her, feeling her heart sink all the way down to her stomach.