Part 16

The next morning you walk downstairs to see that Peter is still here.
"You didn't leave after last night?" You ask crossing your arms as he sits up straight on the sofa as he's nervous.
"Yea. Mr Stark said I should stay here just in case." Peter says fiddling with his sun glasses.
"Of course." You say sarcastically and walk into the kitchen.
Bucky walks up behind you and leans against the counter.
"Morning." He says in his raspy morning voice.
"I didn't need you to stand up for me." You say not looking at him.
"I was trying to help you." Bucky says with frustration in his voice.
"I don't need help. Why does everyone think I'm this poor little girl who needs saving?" You ask and turn around to look at Bucky.
"Because Tony does cares about you. Because I care about you." He says and stands up straight to take a step closer to you. "Plus, I did save you from being kidnapped."
"Was that before or after you broke my ribs? I just can't seem to remember.." you say sarcastically.
"Hey, I apologized for that.... and about what happened last night.." he says, taking about our time in my room.
"It was a mistake." You quickly add and instantly regretting it. Because it wasn't a mistake, you wanted it to happen, and you wanted to do it again. But you are so angry you are willing to push everyone away to protect yourself.
"You don't mean that." He says and takes a step closer so you are now an inch apart and can feel his breathing against your chest. Without saying anything your eyes go from his eyes to his lips and Bucky knows exactly what you are thinking. He quickly grabs your waist and pulls you in for a kiss. You immediately kiss his back and run your fingers through his hair.
"I will stay here with you." Bucky says quietly with his lips still gently pressed against yours. "I'm not ready to leave your side yet."
Hearing him say those words fills your heart with warmth and your stomach with butterflies. You don't want him to leave but you know he has to.
"No, you need to go. Just promise me you will come back in one piece. I'm not sure what this.. what we are yet. But I don't want you to die before I find out." You say pulling away and looking into his eyes. He nods in agreement and give him a quick kiss before you leave the kitchen, before anyone sees you two that close.

Later that day Tony calls everyone into the briefing room for a meeting regarding the mission. You and Bucky are the first ones to get there and sit beside each other at the end of the table and everyone else joins in, including Natasha.
"Here's the plan." Tony starts. "We will leave tomorrow morning and we should be there by night fall which will give us the advantage of surprise."
"That includes you, Peter. You will join us." Steve adds.
You start to feel angry again as a kid is going on this mission while you will be hiding at the compound. Bucky notices and holds your hand under the table. You squeeze his hand and hold on to him throughout the rest of the meeting. Which you didn't really pay attention too as you weren't going anyway. As soon as it was over you quickly left and went outside to get some fresh air.
"How you doing?" Natasha asks behind you as she followed you outside.
"Frustrated." You say with a sigh and sit on the grass.
"If it makes you feel any better I'm staying here with you." Natasha says and sits beside you.
"You are?"
"I'm not going to leave you here by yourself. Besides, it's been awhile since we've had a girls night." She says with a smile.
"Movie night?" You ask with slight enthusiasm. You and Natasha always had a thing for movies and it became a weekly thing, until it turned into once a month.
"And I believe it's my pick." She says with a slight laugh.
"Then I get to pick the snacks."
You two sit there is silence for while and start to pluck the grass out of the dirt until a loud clap of thunder startled you.
"Let's go inside before it starts raining." Natasha says and stands up, holding out her hand to help you up. You take her hand and head inside just in time before it started to rain.