10:Loss

Being surrounded by lifeless bodies was always a sad thing. What was heartbreaking though was seeing those you care about lifeless as well.

Hoseok was the last one of us that killed a remaining rogue who just wanted to die. So many rogues split off not even looking back once they saw we were finally starting to win the battle.

Namjoon was by Taehyung's side once he had the chance. Seokjin was torn. Taehyung was his baby brother but Jungkook was his mate. Being by his mate became too strong and he walked over to be beside Yoongi.

Hoseok and I haven't mated Jungkook and we knew that if we tried to approach our mate Seokjin and Yoongi could snap. It's a very fragile time and I just feel lost.

"Is.....is he alive?" Hoseok asked as he walked closer to Namjoon who was holding Taehyung's wolf Vitti in his arms. My eyes scanned over to Seokjin to see him staring at Namjoon waiting for an answer.

A choked sop filled the forest as Namjoon shook his head no. My legs gave in as I crashed down to my knees. Taehyung is my best friend. There is no way he could be dead. Right?

"Our mate?" Namjoon's voice was rough as he tried to speak.

"He's alive........just hurt and exhausted." Yoongi spoke sadly as he moved his body to begin to pick up our mate who was still in his wolf form.

However the moment Yoongi touched her fur a low weak growl left the white wolf. "Stay Away!" Her voice sounded so broken.

Yoongi and Seokjin remained on the ground as the white wolf crawled away from them. Hoseok and I slowly stood up watching her make slow painful steps towards Namjoon who was still on the ground holding Taehyung's lifeless body close to him.

We all just watched as she approached Vitti. She looked at no one. Her only focus was on the brown wolf.

Silence filled the forest as we just painfully watched our mate sniff her dead mate. She lowered her head nudging Vitti's. Soft tongue stroked his fur. "Vitti?" Her voice cracked as she tried to hold back a cry it was very obvious.

The next moment the winds picked up. Strong forces pushing against the branches of the trees making them creak as the leaves swirl around us. Instinctively I ran to protect my mate from the debris that was falling from up above. I froze though when I saw her eyes.

Her pink eyes were no more.

White as the fur on her back. It was chilling to see and yet still beautiful. Not only were her eyes white but they were glowing. Being close to her I could still sense her strong heat even with this outrageous wind.

The second she blinked the wind came to a halt. The only sounds heard was the heavy breathing of the 7 of us.

.

.

.

.

Seven?

Vitti was slowly turning back into Taehyung. Their breathing was heavy but they were breathing. What definitely caught all of our eyes was he had a long strip of grey fur that ran from his shoulder to the fur on his tail. When Taehyung was in his human form again the same white strip was on his left side of his hair line. Namjoon and Seokjin were fast to be by their brother's side.

"Tae-Taehyung?!" Seokjin had tears in his eyes. Hoseok took steps to stand by Yoongi. Both started taking slow steps to stand on the other side of the white wolf who still hasn't opened her eyes.

"Badar?" Not only is he alive but he speaks. I thought I would never hear his deep voice again.

The white wolf opened her eyes showing the white has now vanished and pink has returned. She looked at me weakly before her eyelids went closed and she completely collapsed on the earth. Before I could even touch her white fur it disappeared as Jungkook's form took shape again.

"Jungkook!" Taehyung yelled crawling towards him. It was in that moment with Jungkook flat on the earth with his neck exposed did we see his third Mate Mark. Taehyung and our Jungkook mated.

The next few hours consisted of us walking back to our pack house. Yoongi of course carried Jungkook's unconscious body in his arms. Taehyung seethed trying to fight for control in carrying Jungkook. It was only natural that was his newly mated mate. However Taehyung could barely stand he had both his brothers on either side of him. His wincing could be heard almost every minute we were walking back home.

Besides the pain that we heard come from Taehyung none of us spoke. Jungkook was passed out but the temperature and scent that radiated off him proves that he was still painfully in heat. Namjoon, Hoseok and I still have to mate with him for his pain to go away but with everything that has happened I'm not sure if I feel comfortable going through with it.

I know if I don't then he will die very soon but if I do, him and his wolf will have to live with that horrible memory. Jungkook already is going to hate Yoongi for his act but I don't think I could live knowing my mate hates me. I'm strong but not strong enough to protect my heart like that.

Turning my head to my right I saw Hoseok lost in deep thought. Most likely thinking about the same thing I am.

"What should we do?" I whispered to the one beside me.

Hoseok snapped out of his thoughts as he turned to look at me. His face showed so much sadness it hurt to see. "I can't let my mate die." It was a weak statement but a statement non the less. His look didn't just tell me what he was going to do. No. His eyes turned from sadness to threatening in a matter of seconds. He was silently threatening me.

Yoongi is the next Alpha in line but it doesn't mean other Alphas don't show authority. Age has a major part of ranks but that isn't always the case. Some just hold stronger dominance than others. Like Hoseok. He has age over me but even so his dominance is much stronger than mine. He barely shows it since Yoongi proved himself to be the next Alpha but it doesn't mean it went away.

"I understand." I spoke as I broke eye contact with his gaze. Fuck! I don't want our mate to hate us.

Why can't my life just end? Why must I keep breathing?

Every breath I take just let's another memory to appear. This is worse. So much worse than what Jinyoung did when I was 14. This time not only did I feel every bite to my ear to make me submit but I also basically had an out of body experience.

I saw myself whimpering in pain on the ground with one rogue after the other taking turns. Taehyung's wolf not moving. Every thrust was felt but nothing helped the burning that coursed through my veins.

My heat was unbearable and having the rogues use me only made my pain worse. My heart was broken seeing my mate like that. I couldn't even nuzzle his nose as a goodbye.

Why couldn't I just die alongside my mate? That would of been a worthy death. A beautiful one at that. If I didn't have the others as a mate as well then my heart would of definitely given up. I want to give up yet I keep getting stopped every time.

My heart raced as burning tingling shot up my arm and neck. The burn didn't hurt but it did make my body crave for more. My eyes stayed glued shut as I relished in the touch of one of my mates.

A whine left my lips as a warm wet cloth came in contact with my skin. They were slow but thorough. The touch was making me go crazy. Body moving and jerking with each sudden contact when my mate's skin touched mine.

My body in so much pain from the event with the rogues. Yet My body is craving my Mates. The loss of Taehyung just makes me want to be held by my mates. I want to cry on their shoulders but I can't. My heat won't let me do anything except want to be with them. Feel their teeth sink into my skin and mark me as theirs. Theirs forever.

Even if deep inside I just want this all to end.

Shorter chapter this time. I'm sorry for the late update it's been a busy few weeks. Thank you all for reading and being patient. I Purple you 💜💜💜💜💜