24: Steps Taken

The last week Haile has been over everyday in my room just spending time with our mate. I didn't mind she was helping us but it's hard. Knowing that the beta has been getting closer to him than any of us have been able to get.

I'm glad he has someone to talk to though. He deserves to be able to just have a friend and expect nothing to be taken from him. Doesn't have to worry about her wanting his body.

"So when are you and Halie going to talk to our dad?" Namjoon asked.

"Once I talk to her parents. I know I don't need their blessings but I still want to be on their good side."

"Oh stop it Hoseok. They have been wanting you guys to be mates since you were like 7." Jimin chuckled as he continued to wash the dishes.

"So.....with you claiming Haile that means you will mate her to then right?" Taehyung then asked as he dried the dishes and began to put them away.

"Yeah......I know she wants pups. Heck I want pups. I just wish I could have them with my mate." The room fell silent as we all felt those words. Being able to have pups with your mate is the ultimate happiness for a wolf. It doesn't matter if you are a rogue or not it's what every wolf strives for.

"I'm sorry." I almost snapped my neck with how fast my head turned to the living room. There Jungkook stood eyes filled to the brim with tears. Haile stood next to him sadness and disappointment clearly in her eyes. She wasn't looking at me though she was looking at the wolf that was to soon claim her.

Jungkook quickly walking away finally letting his tears fall. Haile looked at him and once he was gone looked back at us. "You are all assholes. Talking about your mate and the situation behind his back. Just yesterday he told me how guilty he felt that he couldn't reproduce for his mates. I spent hours reassuring him that you didn't care, now this happened."

"I'm sorry......just the thought of not having pups is something we have to deal with. It's not his fault."

"Damn right it's not Alpha. Now you all better fix this and I better see a happy Omega when I come over tomorrow." She stormed her way passed me and walked right up to Hoseok who didn't know what to say. "My father is looking forward to seeing you this Friday for dinner. My mom is making your favorite. We can head there after our last course of the day."

"Yeah....alright." Hoseok nodded. Haile gave us all a quick nod goodbye before she walked out the door.

Pups.

Something I knew would never be in my future. Even the thought of having a mate didn't really cross my mind. I'm so damaged anyway who would want me as a parent?

I was used for pleasure for half of my life and before that I wasn't even considered anything more. I know my mates don't see me that way but maybe it would be easier if they did.

If I was just an object they could use when they were in the mood then there would be no expectations for me to bring pups into the world. Im a male. There is no way for a male to reproduce without a female.

Halie and I talked about pups. I told her I would be happy if she could fulfill that need for Hoseok. At least one of my mates could have kids. Maybe the others have someone like Halie that they like.

If they are happy I wouldn't mind just being their mate while they have pups with others. Just having kind mates are a blessing. Yes we disagree sometimes but I know it's because they care.

It's been a good few hours since we had the courage to come face to face with our mate. He didn't come out for dinner and we don't blame him. It's something that shouldn't of been discussed.