Chapter 1 ~ is this the end? ~

Noah/Kaito's pov

'Hey loser! Sitting alone on the roof top reading again?'

My bully, Leo shouted at me. Not again i thought to myself.

'What do you want?'

i asked. Clearly annoyed, but i didn't want to start a fight since i was too tired to do so. So i must remain calm is what i would say, but this is getting very annoying. Coming to the roof top to annoy me everyday? How pathetic.

'Do my essay for me! Aren't you the top of the class? This should be easy enough for you right?'

I let out a sigh. Why does he have to bother me on a daily basis? Isn't there something more important he could be doing?

'I would love to but as you can see i'm busy minding my own business so no I won't help you write your essay. Do it yourself.'

'What did you say..?'

He said raising his eyebrow in disbelief. What did he think i was going to say? Of course I'm not going to just do his homework for him!

'I said no are you deaf?'

As i said that i realised that i really shouldn't have provoked him. He walked towards me angrily.

'Say that again. I dare you.'

'No I'm repeating myself the third time already.'

As I backed away from the roof's edge, I said. I wasn't sure why I was backing up to the roof's edge. That was just something my gut told me to do.

I was already at the edge of the roof. One small gust of wind and I'll be pushed off the roof. Walking towards the edge of the roof was a wrong decision. A very wrong decision. I though he wouldn't dare to push me off the roof as that would be murder, but oh how wrong i was. He walked towards me slowly as I shivered in fear.

'You wouldn't dare'

i said while shaking in fear hoping that he would say yes. I wasn't scared of death. Not at all, but the fact that I'll be leaving my loved ones behind really didn't sit right with me. He didn't give me an answer instead he said

'Hmm.. this is a great opportunity to kill you don't you think so?'

He looked at me with a devilish smile. Blood lust filled his eyes.

'Do you think someone would care if i push you off? I don't think so. You're just an outcast. I've always hated you anyways so this is a perfect opportunity.'

'Shoot! i have to escape.'

I thought as i was trying to find a way out i felt a hand on my chest, pushing me off the building.

'Goodbye.'

Leo said to me as he pushed me off the building. Those were the last words i heard as i fell off the building holding the book i was reading. My body hit the ground and a wave of pain overwhelmed me. Then darkness. Nothing but darkness.

'So this is what death feels like huh?'

After a few minutes i heard someone's voice.

'He hit his head on a rock and lost a lot of blood. He might loose some of his memories but other than that his life isn't in danger. If you were a few mins late his life might've been in danger. Your son is very lucky someone found him this quickly.'

'What..?'

i whispered as i slowly lost consciousness and fell into a deep slumber.

Narrator's pov

Kaito slowly opens his eyes.

'Where am I?'

He thought to himself. The room he was in was a luxurious room. The room was enormous, with a chandelier hanging on the ceiling. The bed was massive and very soft. It was like he was sinking into the bed. There's also two doors. He assumed one led to the closet, while the other led to somewhere else. The bedroom was like something out of a novel. As he was deep in his thoughts, he heard a knock on the door. Someone is here. What should I do? He thought to himself.

'I'm coming in, young master Kaito.

'Young master Kaito?

That name sounds so familiar...

As the unknown person walks into the room. A gasp escaped his mouth. Kaito looks at the person in front of him. He was dressed like a butler. A suit, shirt and tie topped with a tailcoat.

'You're finally awake, young master! You've been asleep for a week!'

He said you can clearly hear that he cared deeply for Kaito as his voice was trembling. I said to him in a calm voice

'Who are you?'

'Ah right, the doctor did say you might lose some memories. My name is Ezaki Hikaru, your butler. You're the young master of the family Kaito Suzuki.'

He said this in a professional voice.

'Kaito Suzuki... Kaito Suzuki... I have definitely heard that name somewhere, but where?'

He whispered to himself. Isn't that the second male lead of the book I read before dying? But this doesn't make sense. I died by falling off the roof. Then he suddenly realised he had been reincarnated into the second male lead of the novel he was reading!

He was in full panic mode because the second male protagonist isn't exactly 'popular,' nor is he very 'talented,' in fact, he doesn't have a single talent unless being born into a wealthy family counts. Kaito noticed the butler was still present. Everything felt awkward for Kaito because he had no idea what to say to Ezaki.

After a few minutes, Ezaki broke the silence by announcing that breakfast was ready. Kaito stood up and walked over to the table with Ezaki to eat. Days passed, and Kaito gradually improved. After a few weeks, he was in excellent form. His previous injuries had also healed.

However, Kaito's biggest nightmare came true one morning. As soon as Ezaki entered the room, he informed Kaito of some important information. Kaito, on the other hand, wishes he had never heard that. Ezaki exclaimed enthusiastically.

'I have some exciting news for you, young master! You may begin attending school the following day!'

Kaito was caught off guard. He figured he'd still have some time before it happened. He needed to devise a strategy to avert the impending disaster.

'However, Ezaki I'm getting a little bent out of shape. I don't think I'll be able to attend school tomorrow.'

Kaito whined. Unfortunately for Kaito, Ezaki had planned ahead of time for this. After a few hours of arguing Kaito was forced to go to school by Ezaki. Kaito let out a sigh. He didn't want to go to school at all, but since he didn't have an option, he had no alternative but to make a plan to survive.

Kaito's pov

I should definatly try to stay away from some of the novel's characters. It sucks that i have to go to school. I thought i would be able to just stay home and laze around for another month. School huh...? Is there a music club that I could join? Music is something I really enjoy. After all, it was my hobby. Maybe I'll be able to enjoy myself while I'm here. The most important thing is to stay alive. I'm curious how long I'll be able to survive in an environment that I'm unfamiliar with.

Note: Thank you for reading! I'll try to upload as soon as possible and i hope you enjoyed this chapter! ( •͈ᴗ•͈)

Edit
I changed a bit of the story since after reading what i wrote i felt that the story didn't make sense at all. ( ・ั﹏・ั) I hope the small change i made will make this chapter at least a little better. (・∀・) Also special thanks to AnimeNerdX for pointing out what was weird about this novel. If it wasn't for those comments i would've never noticed what was wrong with this chapter!