Chapter 9 ~walking to school~

Narrator's pov

Kaito returned home as usual after practice. That night, nothing out of the ordinary happened, and everything went off without a hitch. Time passed; the next day came and went in the blink of an eye. Kaito didn't get much sleep the night before since he was worrying about his new clubmates. He couldn't believe the club members had welcomed him as one of their own.

Fortunately, Kaito was able to get out of bed, despite the fact that he appeared to be half-dead. His skin was pale, and he had bags under his eyes. Kaito was feeling a little under the weather, but chalked it up to being fatigued. He went about his morning routine as usual before heading to school.

Kaito walked with his head down because the sun was too bright for him. He wanted to go back to bed, but his butler, Ezaki, made him go to school. He would have to go to school if he wasn't sick, as Ezaki stated. The fact that you're fatigued isn't an excuse. Kaito sighs and takes a slow trek towards school. Each step felt heavier and heavier as he started to loose consciousness. Then...

"What are you doing?

From behind me, an eager voice rang out.

"Who is it...?"

Kaito inquired, his voice sounded tired. At this point, he didn't give a damn. All he wanted to do was sleep. Kaito regreted about not getting sleep the night before.

"Don't say you forgot about me!"

Hikaru grumbled.

"Let me guess... Hikaru?"

Kaito was a bit taken aback when he heard the voice. It had to be Hikaru, he was confident.

"So you do remember me! I'd be disappointed if you hadn't!"

After hearing his response, Hikaru leaped up and down. Kaito didn't seem to mind, so he continued to walk to school. Hikaru, who was still happy that Kaito remembered her, realized she had been left behind by Kaito after a few seconds. Kaito was already up ahead.

"Don't abandon me!"

Hikaru sighed as she dashed over to Kaito. As she approached Kaito, she wrapped her arms around him and jumped onto his back, squeezing him tigtly.

"Get off! You're heavy! "

"What!? No, I'm not! Stop lying to yourself. It's not good to lie!"

"Are you sulking?"

With a slight smile on his face, Kaito teased Hikaru.

"Of course not!"

Hikaru exclaimed, refusing to acknowledge that she was sulking. Kaito managed a little chuckle. It was amusing to watch Hikaru in this state. He was tempted to tease her again.

"Even though it's so early in the morning, you guys are really lively."

Arisa was standing behind them when they both turned around.

"Good morning!"

Hikaru replied talking as energetic as ever.

"Good morning..."

Kaito responded in a tired tone. His face was exhausted and worn out.

"I can see you're exhausted. I'm guessing you didn't get enough sleep? "

After noticing Kaito's exhausted appearance, Arisa made a guess.

"Was it that obvious?"

After a yawn, Kaito inquired. Arisa responded with a small nod.

"Now that I think about it, you appear to be a little sleepy."

Hikaru stated, as she stared at Kaito's face.

A few minutes passed, and they arrived in front of the school. They didn't realize they were already in front of the school as they were very focused on the conversation they were having.

"Let's go inside!"

Hikaru exclaimed exaggeratedly. As Kaito and Arisa followed Hikaru inside the school, Kaito pondered how she was still so energetic so early in the morning. Inside the school, the air was thick with whispers. Everyone was perplexed as to why Arisa and Hikaru were accompanying Kaito on his walk. They were astonished as to how Kaito was able to make any friends in such a short time.

"Hikaru! There you are!"

Haruna dashed over to Kaito and the others.

"You said you'd wait outside the school for me, but I couldn't find you!"

Haruna seems anxious about Hikaru's safety.

"Sorry for the delay, I ran into Kaito on my way here, so it took a little longer than intended to get here."

With a chuckle, Hikaru brushed it off.

"Don't do that again! You have no idea how concerned I was!"

Haruna responded as she wrapped her hands around Hikaru and hugged her tightly.

"I know I won't do that again."

While returning the hug, Hikaru said

"Enough with the hugs! If you keep doing this, we'll be late for class!"

Arisa expressed her dissatisfaction with the situation. They were running out of time, and if they didn't start heading to their separate classrooms right away, they'd be late.

"Arisa is right. You don't want to be late now do you? Let's go get ready for our classes and head to our classrooms."

As Kaito nodded in agreement, he pushed the others forward. Arisa was in a different class than the twins and Kaito, so they had to separate after a while. Kaito and the twins arrived to class and took a seat. Because they were in the same class, they continued to converse until the bell rang. Kaito then returned to his own seat and gathered the required supplies for the class.

Yuki was already sitting next to him. When he heard Kaito talking to the twins, he was caught off guard. The twins were well-known at school due to their exceptional abilities, particularly in music. For many, seeing them hanging out with Kaito was a confusing scene.

"Please return to your seats as class begins soon!"

As students slowly walked back to their designated seats, the teacher's words echoed across the classroom.

"All right since everyone is ready, let's start now..."

Note:
Thank you for your patience! That was the end of the chapter. ( ╹▽╹ ) I hope it wasn't too bad. (๑•﹏•)I tried my best to write a chapter before my exams!I might release one more chapter before my exams but I'm not quite sure about that.┐('ー`)┌ Also my exams last for around 2 weeks so I'll be gone for awhile. Again I'm very sorry about that! (ᗒᗩᗕ) Also Merry Christmas!('∩。• ᵕ •。∩') I hope you all have an amazing and wonderful Christmas!(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*.✧ I feel a bit bad i couldn't do anything special for you guys!( ・ั﹏・ั) You all are very special to me after all! I wouldn't be here without you guys! (*˘︶˘*).。*♡ Thank you so much for the reads, votes, comments and follows! They mean a lot to me!(≧▽≦) Anyway, as always i hope you enjoyed the chapter and I'll try to upload a new chapter soon! (。・ω・。)ノ♡