Chapter 7 ~music club~

Narrator's pov

Haru and Kaito dashed into the classroom after signing up for the music club, and the bell rang. They took their seats just as their teacher entered the room. Kaito wanted to skip class, but with Haru walking to class with him, he couldn't just leave him and go to the rooftop alone.

Kaito looks at the teacher blankly and begins to consider the music club he has recently signed up to join.

'Was it a good decition? I should've given it more thought... What has been done is done, and I don't believe I can change it now. Perhaps I'll be able to have a good time in the club...?'

The teacher called Kaito's name while he was deep in thought.

"Kaito! Pay attention in class! And answer the question on the blackboard!"

"So annoying.."

Kaito muttered under his breath as he approached the blackboard. He solved the equation in a split second, leaving everyone in the classroom stunned.

"Is that really our school's trash? The one who fails all of the tests? The person who would hit and scream at others when he's upset?'"

Students gossiped about Kaito's strange behavior, but Kaito couldn't care less. All he wanted was for class to end. Yuki, who sits next to him, was also taken aback. Kaito has always struggled with studing. He lacked talents and was easy to forget since nothing about him was special except for his personality. He still drew the attention of others due to his trashy personality, but now he's completely changed.

Everything about him is different, from his behaviour, attitude to his interests it's all different. He appeared to be a completely different person. Haru approached Kaito after class ended.

"Would you like to go to the music club after school and practice together?"

"I suppose so"

"You became a member of the music club...?"

The conversation was interrupted by an unexpected voice. Yuki was paying attention to what they were saying.

"You never told me that you like music."

"Am I required to tell you?"

"Now, don't be so rude. I'm just curious."

With a grin on his face, Yuki remarked. When Kaito saw Yuki's face, he was irritated, but couldn't do much about it.

"By the way, Kaito, when did you get so close to Haru...?"

"It's none of your business"

Kaito responded angrily. Yuki was dissatisfied with the response but decided to ignore it.

"Is that all there is to discuss about? If that's the case, I'll proceed to the rooftop. Please pardon me."

Kaito said poliety. He didn''t want to angry or annoy either of the two charaters yet. Yuki shot Haru a glare as Kaito exited the classroom.

Yuki's pov

When did Kaito and Haru get so close? Are you kidding me! You're going to a music club together? Why am I so enraged about this? Something as insignificant as this should not disturb me in the least! Perhaps I should join the music club as well... I can play instruments as well as Haru. Why am I so irritated by this occurrence?

Narator's pov

School has come to a end, and time has flown by. Today was a fairly average day, with nothing out of the ordinary. Haru approached Kaito's seat as the school bell rang.