Chapter 19 ~Thank you...~

Narrator's pov

Kaito stumbled up the stairs, still in disbelief. Why did that happen? Haru was supposed to be someone he could trust. He was the only person he could confide in since he arrived here. Yet... As Kaito arrived on the rooftop, the slight breeze calmed him down. The wind flowed through his hair, the ever so familiar scenery. Coming here cleared his mind. Letting out a sigh, he walked towards the bench. Sitting down, he sorted through his feelings. He knew Haru meant good. He didn't want to see him suffer because of this rumour, but hearing that from him was heartbreaking. He felt betrayed. How could he say that?

The wind was calm, the sky was clear and beautiful. The perfect day for a nap, yet for the first time. Kaito didn't feel like sleeping. He just wanted to rest, to clear his mind, to forget whatever was happening. He shouldn't have come to school today; he should've pretended to be sick or begged to stay home. After all, Ezaki would've let him stay; he had a soft spot for him after all.

Kaito felt betrayed, but he knew he couldn't stay mad at Haru for long; he just needed time. Time to take his mind off things, as such. Just a break, a break from the chaos, the chaos that is the world.

Why did someone spread a rumour about him anyway? He hasn't done anything wrong. He hasn't hurt anyone since he came to this world.

The door opened with a small squeak. Kaito turned to see who it was.

"Why are you here? to make my day worse?"

"I just wanted to make sure you're alright."

"Leave, just leave. I don't want to deal with you, not now, not yet."

"I'm sorry."

"I know, just leave..."

"Please. I-i just need a break. "

"..."

Kaito stared at the person in front of him, the person who hurt him, the person whom he had just fought. He couldn't help but want to go and hug him, tell him it's alright, that he forgave him, but he knew that he needed time. After all, facing betrayal from someone you trust isn't easy to heal from.

"Time, give me some time."

"Alright.."

Haru left without saying a word. It was hard to send him away, but..

"What happened?"

Another voice spoke, a familiar voice.

"Haru, I told you to leave-"

His voice stopped in its tracks as Kaito turned to look at the person who was supposed to be Haru.

"I don't have the time nor energy to deal with you. Please leave me alone."

"I don't want to."

"This isn't the time for your arrogance, Yuki."

"I'm hurt you see me like that, but.. I'm not leaving."

"Why? Why won't you leave me alone? Why won't anyone just leave me alone?"

Kaito felt tears in his eyes. This would've never happened if people had just left him alone. If people had never spread the rumour, if Haru had never approached him, if he hadn't been pushed off the rooftop, None of this would've happened. No, none of this was supposed to happen. Tears streamed down his face; he was on the verge of breaking down. He never wanted any of this. He wanted to go back home, back to his past life with his loving siblings, tell them about the crazy things he'd experienced here, and feel their warm hugs and their love.

He felt embraced by someone

"Yuki."

"Shh, it's alright. Everything will be fine."

"Why, why is this happening? I never asked for this to happen."

Kaito cried, breaking down, bawling his eyes out.

"I know. I'm here for you. "

"Why do you care? You're not supposed to care. "

"... because I can."

Even though he didn't get a satisfying answer, Kaito couldn't care less. Right now, he just needed someone he could confess his feelings to, the feelings he had burried deep inside his heart.

For the first time, he cried his heart out. He'll care about the aftermath later on.

Time flew by, and he finally calmed down. His eyes were red and puffy from crying. It was embarrassing that he cried in front of someone, and Yuki, of all people. But he felt better after letting his feelings out. He surprisingly felt refreshed.

"Thank you..."

He mumbled out, just loud enough for Yuki to hear.

"No problem, I'm also sorry for... Nevermind"

"Hm?"

After all the crying, Kaito felt tired and started to doze off. Yuki carried him towards the bench. He sat down and rested Kaito's head on his lap.

"The scenery is truly beautiful. I guess I understand why you like this place so much. It's peaceful here."

"Mm"

Not getting much of a response from Kaito, Yuki chuckled. It was his first time seeing Kaito like this, in this vunerable state. He was always confident, seemingly strong and unbreakable. Why didn't I know he had such a... cute side to him?

Kaito dozed off. Not too much later, the door opened once again.

"Kaito look, I'm really sorry."

Haru looked towards the bench. Seeing Kaito and Yuki together triggered him.

"Why are you with him?"

"Why can't I be with him? You betrayed his feelings. What gives you the right to confront me?"

"I know I was wrong, and I'll right my wrongs. I'll do whatever I can to make him forgive me. But he cannot be with you. You treated him with such disregard. What makes you think you have the right to comfort him?"

"What was I supposed to do? Carry him to you so you can comfort him yourself? Should I have done that?"

"I would've done a much better job at comforting him, and you, you can't even call yourself his friend.;You're just his seatmate, a person he's forced to sit next to."

"I have all the time in the world to be his friend."

Yuki said as he shrugged. His eyes softened as he looked at the sleeping Kaito on his lap. A faint, gentle smile could be seen on his face.

Notes:
Im back! (´∩。• ᵕ •。∩') Sorry for taking such a long break i was quite tired after the exams and such, but im back now better than ever! I'll continue my updates once a week.(・∀・) Well at least i hope i can follow that schedule no promises tho. (^~^;)ゞIll try to push out more chapters i hope you can all forgive me for not updating for so long. (´-﹏-';)Anyway, i hope i can keep up with my updating schedule! Ill try to update once a week. (~ ̄³ ̄)~Thank you so much for your patience! Once again i wish you all an amazing day/night! (*˘︶˘*).。*♡