17 - One Night in Heaven

**Attention: This chapter includes a sex scene. I am not a smut-writer and try to keep it tasteful but if this isn't your kind of thing please feel free to skip**

It was late in the night and Maria didn't sleep. Instead she watched the small speck of moonlight and wondered if it was past midnight already. If it was past midnight it would be the 30th, and then it would be the day she had to leave her old life behind. She didn't know if she wanted the moonlight to travel faster, or to move backwards, but since it didn't matter anyway she didn't try to answer the question. She just sat there and hoped for anything.

Outside she could hear the steps of the guards, heavy boots on hard stone. There was a short silence when they changed shifts, and just for a moment lighter steps were heard.

Maria sat up, but now the guards voices were loud again. "It's a shame to send her to a nunnery." "Yea, they could have just killed her as well. A young girl looked away from men for ever." "Do you think she is still a virgin?"

Maria decided to focus on the moonlight again, but her attention was soon pulled to the door, as it was unlocked.

"Hello? Is somebody there?" she whispered in the darkness, just to see a hooded figure. A figure she would have recognized everywhere. "What are you doing here?"

"I had to see you," whispered Gwen as she took of her cloak. She as wearing nothing but a nightgown underneath.

"You are going to freeze to death!" Maria whispered and went to embrace Gwen, who looked at her sheepishly.

"Well you are going to have to keep me warm. There should be enough blankets, I know because I had them brought down here."

So they climbed in Marias bed, both trying not to feel embarrassed. It was nothing they hadn't done before, but now it felt much more intimate, one warm body next to another, Gwen lying in Marias arm and breathing softly into the darkness.

"I love you," whispered Maria after a while, just to say it before it was to late.

"I love you too." Gwens voice sounded hoarse.

"This might be the last night we see each other," Maria said after a while. As a response Gwen just moved closer to her. Looking down she could barely see Gwens face in the soft moonlight. Her exes. Her nose. Her lips. Slowly Maria moved down, until she was face to face with her, their noses almost touching. 

"Do you... can I..."

Slowly Gwen leaned forward and pressed a soft, short kiss on Marias lips. It was barely a touch, but it made both of the girls breath faster.

"Was that okay? I didn't want to... if it wasn't..."

"No, no it was good. It was..." Now Maria tried to initialize a kiss, this one lasted a little longer, but it was still only a kiss.

"Do we... what do we do now?" asked Gwen. "My mother taught me about my wedding night, but... this isn't..."

"I think we just..." Maria slowly reached out to touch Gwens waist, but she flinched away. "Sorry, sorry, forget about it, I didn't-"

"No, no, I am just ticklish there. I want this too, Maria. I really..." Gwen let her hand travel up Marias body, until she had almost reached her breasts. "...really want this too."

"Okay," said Maria, her breath now slightly shaky, and took Gwens hand. Then she moved it up to her left breast. "Then lets do this."

Careful, as if playing with a scared animal, Gwen lifted Marias nightgown over her head, then lifted her hands up to let Maria remove her nightgown. The dress fell soon to the floor, but Marias hands stayed in Gwens hair. "I don't know how to do this," she whispered. "I don't want to do anything wrong."

"I don't think there is a right way," said Gwen and pushed her back onto the bed. "I think we just do, what we do with our self, but... on each other." 

With out their nightgowns in the way their handy could travel easier. Up, and down, and really down. "Is that right?"

"I..." Maria had a hard time answering, because there was so much to think about. Her hands. Gwens Hands. Her lips. Gwens lips. The guards. How scared she was of everything and how desperately she wanted more time to figure it out. "Up, just a little bit... yea... there."

It wasn't good by any means. They both were scared and shy and not used to the movements their handy and bodies needed to perform. But neither of them really needed it to be good. Good they could achieve on their own. Together was what they wanted, and for a few hours they were more together than they had ever been. 

At some time both of theme were exhausted, and after a while Gwens snoring was the only thing working against the silence of the night. With this sound in her ears Maria stayed awake, watched the moonlight disappear and finally, as the first rays of sunlight started to make their way into the world, woke Gwen. In silence they got dressed and soon only their farewell was left.

"This wont be the last time we see each other," whispered Gwen and leaned forward for a last kiss. They had gotten better, during the night, but not good.

"I love you," answered Maria.

"I love you too."