²⁵ | you made me hate this city

"ask for forgiveness, never permission"

______

Dear Ms. Elliott,

in case of uncertainty we are open to invite you to a meeting with our head coach of the England team, Gareth Southgate, at the St. George's Park in Burton-upon-Trent, Staffordshire.

We are hoping to clear any questions of your side and we are ready to talk about possible details of employment in case you will decide for England.

Along with Gareth Southgate we are all very delighted to talk to you and possibly work with you.

If you are interested in such a meeting please let us know and we will find a date.

Kind Regards,

The Three Lions
The Football Association

My eyes hovered over the e-mail. And I silently moved my lips reading out the words over and over again.

Burton-upon-Trent. That's not that far away from Leicester. I could visit my parents again as well...

I flicked my gaze to my open planner and scanned the pages for the upcoming weeks to see if anything huge is coming up. There wasn't.

Hesitantly, I replied that I'm ready to meet and added the dates of the weekend where I would be free.

While biting my lip after sending it, the thought of my parents lingered in my head.

Would I ever come back home the same after the Madrid game? What will happen to me there?

But maybe I won't even see him. Maybe he's injured, not in the squad for the game, I don't know...but he's their captain.

The uncertainty got the best of me.
"Fuck it" I sighed and searched up the latest news coverage about our upcoming champions league match.

Ramos expected to start in the Champions League quarter finals

Shit. I gulped when I saw they attached a photo from the press conference as well. He looked a bit different now. He's grown his beard more, and his hair. All I can see is the face of a man who traumatised me though.

It wasn't until tears prickled in my eyes when I decided I've seen enough. Shutting my laptop, I saw that Perrie tried to call me on the phone.

Immediately I dialed her back.

"Hi, sorry, I haven't noticed that you called me. What's up?"

"It's fine, I just need to tell you something, do you think you can come over?" She sounded a bit hectic.

"Oh, uh, yeah...sure" I stammered, suddenly scared of what she'll tell me.

"I'll be there in a few"

"Okay, thank you, see you then" and she hung up.

I raised my eyebrows. Hopefully it's nothing bad she will tell me.

-

"I'm really sorry to call you over, but I wanted to tell you personally and talk to you for a bit- sorry, this is a little bit of a mess" Perrie rambled when we were about to walk into her bedroom.

"Come on, sit" she urged, patting the bed. I sank down on it, right across her.

"Did something bad happen?" I wanted to know, twisting my hands in sheer nervousness.