² | first patients

^ mood bc mo deleted all his social media but only for one day or smth so I am good now :)
(And also congrats to alisson and his wife natalia for becoming parents for the second time :) )
And I wish everyone who's reading this a great start in the next week :)
---------------------

Freezing in the cold, rainy weather today in Liverpool, I made my way to the Melwood building from my parking lot. It was about 11 o'clock, and I was right before having the meeting with the other head physios and staff managers. I gripped my bag tighter, not only because the wind was fairly strong today, but because I was a nervous mess too.

I felt my legs taking me closer and closer to the entrance of the building, next to it huge training pitches, but with no people around. The red capital letters on top of the building read 'Melwood Training Ground'. The walls in front of me are colored in the same typical red tone as my confirmation e-mail was.

Before walking through the main door, I was adjusting my coat and bag and taking a few strands of my hair behind my ear before finally entering the home of my new job.

Inwardly I thanked the heating because warm air hit me immediately and I felt myself calm down for at least a little bit. Right after, I walked upstairs to find an information point or a reception desk.

I looked around while I was walking. Inside, it looked very modern. On my left side was a big seating area and you'd have a sight at the whole training pitch through the huge windows if you sat there.
On my right was a large gym upstairs with multiple training equipment like treadmills, stations to lift weight, and even punching bags were there.

Finally, I saw a reception and introduced myself to the young woman behind the desk. She looked like she was about my age.

"Hello, my name is Marly Elliott, I have a meeting here at Melwood concerning my job as a physiotherapist", I said in a friendly voice.

"Ah, of course. Your meeting with the head physios is scheduled in 15 minutes. I'll lead you to the waiting room", she said after searching it up in her computer.

"Thank you'', I beamed a smile at her.

When we arrived at the doors of the treatment and physio rooms, she gestured to her right, where many chairs were standing.

"Here we are. You can sit down a few minutes before the head doctor and physiotherapist, Louise Fawcett, will welcome you. Good luck. Hopefully I'll see you around soon", she said to me and smiled.

"I hope so. Thank you so much for showing me", I returned happily and took a look around again after she left.

Entering the waiting area, I suddenly found out I wasn't the only one who's waiting. I greeted the man who sat on front of me friendly and he loooked up from his magazine.

"Hello", he greeted back while grinning and you could tell by his accent he wasn't born in England. He had black curly hair, was tanned and had a beard and brown eyes. He looked like a more southern type. I was guessing he was one of the players since he wore a simple grey LFC shirt and training pants.

My look swept to the clock on the wall. I still had about 10 minutes, so I took my folder out of my bag and flicked through it. It wasn't really necessary considering I was only minutes away from meeting my new boss and I couldn't change anything now, but I needed distraction since I became heavily nervous again.

I felt myself shaking while turning the paper, and I nervously pulled my hair behind my ear.
I can't shake off the fear that they'll reject me.

Maybe they found out about the incident and don't want me working here. I'd just ruin the whole reputation of the club. I'm so anxious.
I can't bear another rejection, I needed to work here as soon as possible.