⁵ | regeneration

I hope you all still remember me :')
First of all, I'm so sorry I haven't updated for so long, but I had such busy weeks I came home almost every day just falling into my bed. But here's a chapter with almost 3000 words if that makes it up in any way.
I haven't watched the LIVBAY game but I think both sides were strong in this game and the second leg in Munich will be the ultimate showdown. I'm excited :)
With that chapter, I'm beginning to show and involve bits of Marlys past, so I think the next ones will probably be more dramatic. Have fun reading :)
PS: big thank you for over 300 reads! I still can't comprehend it. Never thought on here there would be so much people interested in my story tbh. Thanks to everyone who's reading and supporting this book , ily :) ♡

______________________

"James, you're up next" I informed the 33-year-old who sat in the waiting area of Melwood.
Me and the other physios were working hard since preseason was ending and it's only two days until the first Premier League game against West Ham. Regeneration was starting and we took care of almost the whole squad.

James is suffering a head wound since the game against Napoli last weekend and I needed to take a look at it.

"I can't lie James, the wound looks very nasty" I said after he sat down in my office, and pulled a disgusted face. "You should be lucky that you don't feel that much of pain anymore."

"Can you take a picture of it, please?" He asked me looking in my eyes.

"What?" I frowned, not believing ehat I just heard.

"Yeah, for Instagram" he answered like it's the most normal thing on earth.

"You're unbelievable, James" I stated, shaking my head.
I took the phone he was handing me and took a couple of photos before handing it to him again.
"Thanks " he said and scrolled through his camera roll looking at the pictures while I began desinfecting his wound again and examining it.

"Damn, it really looks nasty" he laughed.
"15 stitches and you're laughing? You're one of a kind" I told him.
"But I can play, right?" He asked me this time with a more serious tone.
"Yeah, I think it's not so serious anymore that you can't play. I will tell the coach you're ready to go. But of course you need to wear a protective headband im the game."

"That's great, thanks Marly" he was happy about it and I smiled.

After adjusting the beige headband on his head right, I told him he was free to go.

I was right before heading out of my office to the regeneration room where everyone else was but my plan was cut short by Joel standing in front of my office door.

"Oh, Joel, how can I help you?" I smiled at the German kindly.
"Everyone is busy massaging the other players and you're still in your office so I figured you could help me"
"Of course! What is it?"
"My left tigh"
"Right, let me take a look"
After scanning his tigh I found the muscle that was bothering him and touched and massaged it to see how bad it was. But I knew more sessions were needed with that injury.
"You definitely can't play against West Ham in two days Joel, I am so sorry. I'm afraid it takes more sessions for treating it."
And I was indeed sorry for him. I can imagine no player wants to hear that he isn't fit for playing the first time after summer break.
"No it's okay. Thanks for helping me" he smiled at me with a sad undertone in his voice.
"Everytime, Joel. But I'm afraid I'm late for regeneration so I'll tell Ms. Fawcett to take care of you, alright?" I told him and he nodded.
"Right. You can walk with me if you'd like. I need to get some paperwork that's in her office anyway" I suggested and he agreed.