¹⁰ | what now

yes, drama will await you in this chapter 🌚
but on the bright side Virgil is making first steps, so ..... :)

A important note is waiting at the end of the chapter, thanks for understanding and sticking with me and this story so much ♡

edit: I almost forgot, Virgil won the POTY award and with Trent, Andy and Sadio, four Liverpool players made it to the TOTY? Iconic ™  if you ask me

And Burnley had one job...but I'm honestly so excited for the City-Leicester match, this title race is more stressful and wayy closer than in the bundesliga jesus

warning: mature theme / graphic content ahead
______________________

A premier league matchday was awaiting us again today against Southampton at Anfield.

I was working with Alex in Rehab the whole time so I've never been with the team at latest, but I'll sit on the bench again when they're playing.

After the usual meeting of all physios, I headed onto the pitch and sat down, reading and checking my clipboard. It's been a while since I worked with any other player than Ox as a patient.

The game started off very surprising, the first goal was a gift since Hoedt from Southampton scored an own goal. But soon, Joel made it 2-0 after he scored in the 21st minute and I was happy for him. He deserved it so much.

I couldn't help but look at Virgil everytime he was near. It's the game against his former club so it has to be very special for him.
It was showy that he touched his torso multiple times but he did seem alright. He didn't pull any painful facial expression, nor did he signalised anything to the coach.
So I decided to let it be.

And of course, Mohamed scored the 3rd goal in the 3rd additional minute the referee was adding to the first half.

Then everyone went back into the tunnels to listen to Klopp's instructions again.
I turned my intense gaze to Virgil who was talking with Gini and he finally looked at me when he noticed it.

I nodded towards him in a questioning manner but he smiled slightly and shrugged, indicating he was okay.
I couldn't quite believe it, there is surely something going on, but I haven't got the time to make sure he's okay since it was time to go on the pitch again.

The referee blew the whistle again and started the next 45 minutes.

Virgil was fighting over getting the ball with his former teammate Shane Long until he was suddenly hit by him in his left ribcage. I gasped and immediately stood up, preparing if I needed to walk over to him.
His face showed pain and he fell to the grass, sat up and Jordan and James immediately went over to him.
He was clamping a hand on the painful side of his upper body.

He couldn't play any longer and Klopp told me he didn't want to do any more damage and Virgil was subbed off. Joe came into the game. Virgil was walking over the sideline and the entrance to the tunnels was opened for us.

"Come on, we'll go to the tunnels" I said softly and stroked his back as he still touched his ribs.

"Every breath hurts" he told me, his face still wearing painful expressions.

As we sat down in the treatment room, I told him that he should lie down at first.

"Uhm..could you please take off your shirt so I can examine your ribs better?" It was more a question than an order and my voice crack didn't make it any better. I was so nervous but it's been a routine since years. I knew exactly what I needed to do but with his presence, I felt so excited.