⁴ | fourfiveseconds

I can't wait until the champions league is back...but unfortunately neither Joe or Virgil will play in the first leg :/
Tbh I'm torn between both of the teams.. I'm a fan of Bayern Munich since I was a little kid (I'm from Germany) but at the same time me and my dad love Liverpool too and they're a great team with outstanding players. But I guess that only makes the match more exciting ^^'
Have a great weekend everyone :)
P.S.: I was writing half of the chapter at 11pm almost before dozing off but I hope it's alright :)
__________________________

I stood in my bathroom, fiddling with my hair as I tried to tie it in a braid.
I texted Gini my address yesterday so he can pick me up.
Since it's only a dinner with the whole team, I decided to wear a black high-waist jeans and a slightly oversized velvet maroon t-shirt.

After I was done changing and getting ready in the bathroom, I sat down on my couch in the living room, taking a look at my mobile. I saw that I received two new messages fron Gini.

Gini: Hope you're ready, we're going to pick you up in about 15 minutes

Gini: the restaurant is somewhere in Kirkby btw so hopefully there won't be any paparazzi since its more outside the city

Shit, I didn't thought of that. I was getting more nervous. I don't want to be on a front page of a boulevard magazine tomorrow.
And hopefully the players will like me.
I sighed, hating that I need to overthink everything again.

Marly: I am ready, so it's fine :) what do you mean with 'we' ?

After a few seconds, he replied.

Gini: oh, joe and virgil are also with me, if it's okay?

Marly: of course it's okay, I was just curious that's all

Gini: of course you are ;)

Now what does that mean? I shook my head at his reply, texting:

Marly: what does that mean? Anyways I'll see you in a few minutes then :)

Gini: yeah see you

Wow Gini, such a gabber, I thought, smiling.

I slipped in my shoes and stuffed my bag with my keys and mobile. When I reached for my jacket, I heard my doorbell ring.

Expecting Gini in front of my door outside, I enthusiastically opened it and beamed "Hey, Gini!"

But I regretted it the very next second, surprised when I realised it wasn't Gini who stood in front of me.

It was Virgil.

"Oh..Virgil, I'm sorry, I thought it was Gini standing in front of my door" I said, taken aback and internally cringing with embarrassment.

"No, it's okay. I was just picking you up because we were not sure if you'd find our car and since it's dark I wouldn't want you to walk alone" he explained himself, scratching his neck shortly as he took a glance at my outfit.

Yeah, you never walk alone, right.

"Oh, thank you, Virgil" I smiled shyly.

"And you look good by the way" he said with his temptingly deep and rough voice after I closed my door and we began walking.

Thankfully he couldn't see me blushing in the dark streets of Fairfield.
"Thanks, I can fully return this compliment" I said as we kept on walking. I can't lie, I really felt safe and protected when he was walking with me.

I thanked the light of the street lamps, because I could finally see that he was wearing a black long sleeve shirt with a stand-up collar tightly around his neck, and over it he wore a long black coat.
"So, you're doing it again?" He smirked at me.
I got even redder at his words and bit my lip.
Goddamn it, I need to learn not to stare.
He was chuckling when I lowered my gaze at the ground.
"It's okay, I told you. You can look at me whenever you like" he whispered to me and I shivered.