¹⁶ | gasoline

Thank you to everyone who still supports the story and left such sweet messages, I am very glad to continue updating ☺️

Does anyone have any wishes / ideas / requests for the story? What do you wish should happen? Who should Marly meet? You can send me a message, comment here in the story or under my post on my profile where I already asked 😄 thank you so much! ❤️❤️

! warning: mature theme !

___________________________

I gasped and placed my hand over my mouth in shock.

My hand began shaking.
No no no no no, this can't be real right now.

I sobbed when I dialed the number of my Mom.

My whole body was shaking when I heard that the call is connecting.
Some cracking noise was heard and I breathed out when I heard a familiar voice.

"Marly, good evening sweetie"

"Oh my god" I whispered and quickly answered.
"Hey Mom"

"Not that I'd mind you calling, what's going on honey? Everything alright?"

"N-nothing, I just wanted to see if you're alright"

"Of course, we're feeling great" she said.
The relief I felt right now was incredible. I dried my wet face.
"And what's Dad doing right now?" I asked.

"He's watching TV, he's sitting here right next to me. We've watched the game". She sounded so proud.

"That's great, tell him I said hi"

"Will do hun. And you're sure everything is alright?"

"Yeah, just wanted to check up. Please be careful Mom"

"We always are, Marly."

"Great". I paused to take a deep breath to hold myself together.
"I uhm- I still need to get home so I guess I'll talk to you both later"

"Yeah, have a nice evening Marly"

"You too. I love you both"

"And we love you, Marly"

And then the call ended.

I sobbed again and my head hurt. This is so sick and twisted.

A notification catched my attention.

unknown: seems like you're growing more and more comfortable with van dijk

unknown: might let something slip we don't approve of

unknown: it's your choice - either you stay away from him or we'll have to take a visit here in leicester

My heart cracked. I wanted to scream so badly. I locked my phone and threw it into my bag. The thought that something could happen to Mom or Dad made me sick.

I grabbed a tissue and tried to calm down my breakdown. After all, Virgil's still waiting for me outside. Virgil. Great. I thought about cancelling him for a minute, but at the same time I couldn't walk home in the complete dark after all of this.
I remembered the touch I felt on my shoulder back in Amsterdam and shivered in disgust.

A knock on the door startled me.
"Marly, everything alright? It takes you quite long and I don't know if everything's okay?"

After breathing out, I answered.
"Yeah, just one more minute Virgil, I'm so sorry"
I realized how much time went by and shuffled everything in my bag.