Me, an avenger?

Y/n POV

I hear Cap starting to talk over the comms "Stark, you worry about bringing this city down safely. The rest of us have one job, tear these things apart. You get hurt, hurt them back. You get killed, walk it off." "I'm so putting that on your tombstone grandpa" I reply back hearing a few snickers in my ear piece.

I see Thor coming to rescue people flying out of their cars, well that's something you don't see every day. Cap grabs the lady then lifts her up using one arm, sometimes I wish I had that serum. I'm not the strongest but I'm tactical and notice things many other people don't, that's what makes me, well, me.

I run over and see Hayden having a man to man chat with Clint, never saw that coming. Clint then says "all clear over here" "not clear, very not clear" Cap yells. I rush over to them and taser one of the robots about to attack him. Cap turns to me, nods his head and smiles.

I run over to the group which consists of Thor, Wanda, Pietro, Hayden, Bucky, Sam, Nat and Steve. Tony's somewhere in the sky and bruce has well, hulkified.

"Hayden where's Clint?" I ask "over here, the son of a bitch left me" Clint says pointing to Hayden to just laughs. "Not nice mr Cow" I say to Hayden. "Mr Cow?" Nat asks "well Hayden is his name then shortened it to hay and what do cows eat, hay" I say like it's the most obvious thing in the world.

"Sometimes I question your intelligence" Sam says "sometimes I question the lack of braincells you have but I don't say it out loud do I?" I say then throw my hands up in the air. I immediately regret doing that and hunch over and hold my gash wound "oh my god y/n/n, when did that happen" Pietro questions "when this first started, I'll be fine" I say then rip half of my sleeve of then tie it around my stomach almost as if it's a belt. 

I then wipe the dirt off my face but that just transfers the blood from my hands to my face "fuck that was hot" Hayden says which everyone agrees with. "Pull yourself together man" I say and shoot a robot that was next to me without looking, I could sense his presence "and that was even hotter" Cap mumbles "I HEARD THAT" I yell as I'm running after a robot to kill it. 

I keep ripping through more and more robots but more and more seem to keep appearing. It's getting quite tiresome but I don't feel bad for killing them 'cause they're robots.

I run back and find Nat and Cap talking "Cap these people are going nowhere" Nat says, "if Stark finds a way to blow this rock-" "not until everyone is safe" Cap interrupts. "Everyone up here versus everyone down there? There's no math there" Nat states "I'm not leaving this rock with one civilian on it" Cap says. 

"I didn't say we should leave" Nat says in a quieter voice, cap looks at her strangely and so do I even though she has no idea I am behind them. "There's worse ways to go, where else am I going to get a view like this?" She says "when you're on the ground along with everyone else, hope you aren't planning your funeral yet Nat. C'mon, you're the avengers to fucks sake, you can survive a floating rock" I say stepping forward. "We're the avengers" Cap corrects and throws his hand around my shoulders.

I smile at the gesture. Me. An avenger. I like the sound of that.

 "Glad you guys like the view" Fury says, wait Fury?! I look over and see this gigantic ship emerge from the clouds "nice right? Pulled her out of mothballs with a couple of old friends. She's dusty, but she'll do" Nick finishes. "Fury you son of a bitch" Captain says, I look over at him and jokingly gasp at his curse word "Ooh! You kiss you mother with that mouth" Fury teases which makes me smirk. 

I look over and see that Pietro, Wanda and Hayden have all joined us. "This is S.H.E.I.L.D?" Pietro, Hayden and I question at the same time, I have to keep reminding myself that Wanda and Pietro only just joined the avengers about a month before me. "This is what S.H.E.I.L.D's supposed to be" Cap says "this is not so bad" Wanda says with a smile.

"Let's load 'em up" Nat yells, we all run and start to usher everyone onto the life boats. 

"Thor I got a plan" I hear Tony say from the intercoms, "we're out of time, they're going for the core" Thor responds.  

LEt's go destroy these fuckers.