chapter 2

They reach school and Louis hops out of Harry's rover. Earphones still in, Louis makes his way inside the school after saying goodbye to Liam and Harry before they speed away.

He reaches his locker and puts the code in. Kids are still filling in the hall, the sound of their footsteps and rapid walking never slowing down.

Louis takes out the books he needs for the day and shuts his locker. He suddenly takes a step back, nearly tripping on his own feet.

"Oh god Niall." Louis exclaims keeping a hand on his chest to steady his breathing.

"Is this how you greet your best friend!?"

"And is this how you scare the living shit out of a person?"

"You're making me sound like an evil clown who's chasing you till the ends of the earth only to kill you and then whatever they do." Niall laughs.

"I would consider it. That's very detailed." Louis jokes.

Louis and Niall find out that they have most of their classes together which is always a plus point. Niall keeps the environment cheerful. "History, let's go!" Niall says and Louis really wonders if this kid drinks at least seven cups of coffee to be this lively in the morning. Louis could never.

As he's walking behind Niall, Louis gets backed against the lockers, his head hitting the cold metal a little too harshly, causing him to hiss in pain. He groans internally seeing the face of the culprit, gonna be a great first day, he thinks.

"Well well, if it isn't Little Louis." Jason aka Louis' biggest rival and bully tells him.

"Good morning to you too Jason, now fuck off. I have a class to go to." Louis replies back with a sassy tone in his voice.

"I like the new confidence, it's a shame that it's not gonna stay on you for long though, will it?" Jason smiles.

"Piss off." Louis spits pushing Jason off of him, walking towards his history class.

Once Louis enters the classroom, he spots Niall sitting at the last and moves his way towards the end. "What took you so long?" Niall asks him.

"Jason." Louis simply says with an eye roll. Niall opens his mouth to say something but is interrupted by the bell. The class then goes on as usual, the only difference that they didn't get too much homework seeing as it is their first day after all.

After the bell rings indicating their second period, Niall wanders behind Louis out of the class, "Not that bitch again. What did he say?"

"It's obviously not going to be unicorns and rainbows Nialler." Louis tells him before fishing out his books for second period.

"What's up little losers." Nick, Jason's friend says walking past them. "Is it so goddamn hard for you to keep your fucking mouth shut grimshit? Or do you feel the need to comment on everything!?" Louis says back heatedly, not even half a day has gone by and these self absorbed piece of shits are getting on his nerves. But before he can say anything more, a punch is delivered to his face and he's pretty sure everyone in the hall saw that.

"What the fuck!?" Louis hears Niall yelling before he is rushed to the baathroom. "Are you okay?" Niall then asks him.

"You tell me."

Instead of responding Niall rushes out and gets an ice pack back in record time from god knows where, "Here." He presses it against Louis' face.

"NIALL." Louis screams.

"Are you high on weed!?" Niall says matching him.

"Give me a warning before just attacking my face with it, Jesus Nialler." Louis says taking the ice pack from him and applying it to his now bruised jaw, hissing in pain.

The bell rings, indicating their next period. The two of them leave the restroom and make their way to the next class.

"Wanna ditch?" Louis suggests wiggling his eyebrows, knowing that they're already late.

"I was hoping you would say that. What are we waiting for." Niall says with that mischievous smile and they run off to the school fields. No one's there which is good. They think of just playing some football because why not.

Just as Louis goals a terrific goal in the net, the bell rings, indicating that the class is over. They huff before going back inside. Just as they make their way to their respective lockers, Louis catches sight of Jason. Ugggh not him again, he internally groans.

But of course, god has decided to fuck him up today, and he sees Jason making his way towards him.

"What do you want Jason?" Louis asks in a fake polite voice, taking his books out for the next period.

"Just wanted to check up on that bruise. I hope it's not too big like that fat ass of yours. I'm pretty sure, your clothes don't even fit you. They're probably your brother's older clothes."

Louis slams the locker shut, his blood is boiling with anger and the last thing he wants to do is to waste his time on a useless piece of shit like Jason. But of course he's not gonna just go on with his life and pretend like nothing ever happened. He's going to take his revenge, one way or another.

So, he 'accidentally' drops the books in his hands right on top of Jason's right foot, making Jason scream in pain, because if Louis is being honest, these books are heavy as fuck.

"Oops my bad! Are you okay Jason. Want me to call you a doctor, you poor thing." Louis asks in what he attempted to be a worried tone but failed.

"You disgusting piece of shit!" Jason yells, still holding his foot in pain.

"Shoot! I'm getting late for class, would you mind giving me my books?" Louis then adds.

"Fuck off." Jason says, who finally stood up and has started to limp probably towards his class.

Louis actually didn't think that the books hit Jason's foot that hard to make him limp, but well, he probably deserved it.

While walking to his own class, Louis can't help but think Jason calling him fat. He knows that it's because Jason is a dick and he wants Louis to feel bad about himself, but it still kinda hurts when it replays in his head and for a few minutes he really thinks he's fat and maybe he should actually stop eating for a while, just to see if he looks better once he looses the weight Jason kept telling him every day last year and this year, it's no different really.

"Mate!" His train of thoughts stops once he hears that familiar Irish voice and turns around.

"Yeah?"

"Did something happen?" Niall asks.

"Why would you think that?"

"I don't know, you seem kind of lost."

"Oh it's nothing, just waiting for this god awful day to get over." Louis tells him.

"On the bright side, we didn't get as much homework and we're going to Nando's for dinner!" Niall exclaims. It's Niall's happy-go-lucky nature that Louis admires the most. The kid has some kind of mystical power because he just knows what to say and he can make anyone's day from sad to happy in few minutes.

"That's awesome!" Louis says smiling.

"And you're coming with me!" Niall then tells him.

"Where?"

"To dinner, you idiot." Niall chuckles.

"Can we do it some other day Ni? I think I'll sleep this one out. Plus, don't want anyone seeing this huge ass bruise." Louis dry chuckles and tells Niall as gently as he can, hoping Niall doesn't get too upset.

"Fine. But you are coming with me the next time." Niall says grabbing his best friend's arm and dragging him to their next class.

~~~~~~
Chapter 2!
Your thoughts? :)))

How was your day? Did you drink enough water? Feel free to rant about it in the comments! <3

Stay safe and healthy luvs! 💚💙
Lots of love xx

Thanks for reading and I'll meet you in the next one 💞

<33