chapter 27

Last night went relatively well than Louis had thought it would, primarily because of Harry. But he was so relieved that there were no hard feelings between the two of them and the only thing remaining between them was a genuine friendship.

"You turned him down!?" Niall exclaims on the way to their class. Yes, Louis had finally filled Niall in on everything that happened during the weekend with Harry. He had told Niall all about the Elliott situation a week and a half back and he took it really well. Louis couldn't have asked for a better friend than Niall. He's just so understanding and supportive, not to mention a funny lad who gets him.

"I didn't turn him down. I just..." Louis ponders on for a few minutes. "I definitely turned him down." He says as his head hangs low between his shoulders. He didn't realise how bad Harry must've felt until now. But he can't let his feelings get in the way. He just doesn't want to hurt Harry. He's still not fully sure about his feelings and he cares about him too much for that to happen.

"And then I was like oh my god dad! I'm jerking, can you get out!? And then- Louis? Louis are you listening?" Niall asks waving his hand in front of Louis' face.

"What?" Louis asks.

"Nevermind. I was just talking about how my dad walked in on me while I was jerking off." He dismisses the topic.

"Are you serious?" Louis bursts out laughing.

"Whatever." Niall says. "Tell me one thing though?"

"What?" Louis looks at Niall expecting for him to say whatever he has to say.

"Mate, Harry's a literal God. How did you even resist his charms!?" Niall says the last part wiggling his eyebrows.

"Trust me all I wanted to do was jump his bones right there in the hot tub." Louis says adjusting the strap of his bag on his shoulder.

"I mean you could've and then told him that you weren't looking for anything serious." Niall suggests with a cheeky grin on his face.

Louis gives Niall a judgmental look.

"I mean you guys can always casually hookup!?" Niall says further.

"And then you expect me not to come in terms with my feelings with him." Louis tells him and opens his locker. "That's impossible. I'll never understand hookup culture. Like how do people not get feelings after doing something so intimate?"

"I bet he's a great kisser." Niall winks, completely ignoring what Louis just said.

"Oh Niall trust me he is. And that tongue. Oh my god-"

"Ok stop!" Niall says shutting his locker. "I want the details when you guys actually do something."

"You're so unpredictable." Louis rolls his eyes, pulling out the books he requires for the day.

"Oh my god!" Niall exclaims.

"What?" Louis asks, turning towards his friend.

"You walked past Elliott's locker." 

"I did." Louis says when he realises he actually did. He didn't think of Elliott, not even for a second.

"You totally did!" Niall says, jumping around Louis. "That's gotta be a step forward!" He hugs Louis. 

"I think I'm finally getting over him." Louis whispers, more to himself than to Niall.

"I feel like a proud mama bear." Niall sniffles, wiping his non-existent tears away.

"What does that even mean?" Louis says, laughing mid-sentence.

"I don't know. I'm just so happy and so proud of you!" Niall says smiling.