chapter 30

Hi besties!! Don't worry I'm not dead.

I had writer's block for like quite a while and couldn't come up with how I wanted to progress the story and I know it's been quite some time since I last updated and I totally understand if you're annoyed with me lol because my updating schedule has been shit for several previous chapters now.

But I hope you enjoy reading this one! :)))

~~~~

Louis wakes up the next morning snuggled up against Harry's warm chest. He takes in the intoxicating scent and it's so invigorating, he can't get enough of the feeling. His eyes travel to Harry's sleeping face and all he wants to do is just reach out and kiss those plump red lips of his.

"Stop staring at me, I'm sleeping." Harry says in a slow drawl which makes Louis want to ball his eyes out. He wonders if it's normal to be turned on by someone's morning voice.

"What are you talking about? I wasn't staring." Louis says in a timid voice as he feels his cheeks grow red and his eyes drop to Harry's sweater where he plays with a yarn that's sticking out of it.

"You're such a terrible liar." Harry says in his morning voice.

"Whatever." Louis releases a deep sigh as he lays his head back down on Harry's chest, listening to his heart beat. "What time is it anyway? I gotta get back to the house before Liam or Zayn suspect anything."

"They don't know?" 

"How else do you think I came here last night?" 

Harry grabs his phone from the nightstand and checks the time. It's still a bit early and he doesn't want Louis to go anywhere. He wants him to just stay and cuddle with him all day. However, Harry doesn't give that thought much power and tells Louis the time.

"They don't wake up for at least another hour. I can make it back without them noticing I was gone the whole night." Louis says as he gets up from the bed.

"I don't want you to go." Harry pouts leaning over the bed as he holds Louis' hand in both of his, not letting go of it. 

"I don't either." Louis kisses the pout away and puts on his clothes and throws on a random coat lying on the chair. The coat literally engulfs him but it's warm so Louis' not letting go of it anytime soon. He might even keep the coat since Harry has a whole collection of these in his closet anyway.

"I'll text you when I get home." Louis says as he searches for his phone but recalls a second later that he didn't bring it with him. The sooner he leaves, the sooner he'll reach back and the lesser will be the chances of Liam or Zayn knowing

"Oh no I'm not letting you go back alone." Harry says getting up.

"Harry you really don't have to go through all that trouble. I promise I'll text you once I reach there."

"Yeah, no I'm dropping you off."

"Haz trust me I can go back on my own and it's daytime which is different." 

"But I don't want you to and it's cold." Harry says with a stern yet gentle voice. "Let me just go grab my coat." 

Louis sighs as he sits back down on the bed. He moves his hands around the soft sheets, tracing the patterns on it with his fingers.

"Let's go." Harry comes out of the bathroom. It should be a crime to look this good in the  morning, especially a few minutes after waking up.

The ride back to the house is silent. Not much words are exchanged between the two of them but there's a comfortable silence that surrounds them. Harry parks his car a few feet away from the house at Louis' request.