chapter 31

"I thought I would never see you guys again." Liam says when Harry and Louis finally approach the booth him and Zayn are sitting in for over an hour now.

"I was almost positive that they were gonna kick us out of the restaurant if you guys didn't show up."

"Well, we're here." Louis smiles.

"Where do you wanna sit?" Harry asks keeping his hand on the small of Louis' back.

"Next to you."

Liam clears his throat letting them aware of his and Zayn's presence while Zayn has a huge grin plastered on his face. Louis slips in the booth, Harry sitting beside him with a faint smile lingering on his lips.

A few moments later the waiter comes and takes their orders.

"Louis what are you doing here mate?" Louis hears Niall say.

"What are you doing here?" Louis asks instead.

Niall grabs a seat from a nearby table and smoothly seats himself at the head of the table, making himself comfortable before facing Louis again.

"Just a casual dinner." He says, waving at his parents who are seated at the far end across the room. "I asked them if I could join you, is it alright if I join you?"

"Are you kidding? Of course you can! You're practically family." Zayn chuckles, the rest of them agreeing with him.

Louis thanks god for Niall because with him, the conversation just flows naturally, otherwise he knows how awkward it could've been with just the four of them.

It's a little while into the dinner when Louis feels something lightly touch his ankle. He glances down and sees Harry's boots touching Louis' shoes.

"I'm so hungry for dessert." Harry says, his hand slowly trailing up Louis' thigh. He finally rests his hand dangerously near Louis' crotch and Louis would be lying if he didn't almost suppress a gasp threatening to come out of his mouth.

"You've barely eaten the main course yet." Niall says.

"Kinda want to skip straight to dessert." Harry replies and Louis can practically hear the smirk he must have plastered on his face.

"Too bad then. Should've ordered the dessert first." Louis pipes in, trying to ignore the burning sensation he's feeling where Harry's hand is rested.

"Louis I think you got something there." Harry says, his hand reaching behind Louis' back while the side of his face rubs Louis' cheek and he discreetly bites Louis' earlobe in the sexiest way possible, making Louis squirm under his touch.

Louis almost lets a gasp leave his lips but stops himself just in time before the others hear it.

"Oh it's nothing, I thought I saw a bug." Harry says so casually like he didn't just bite Louis' ear.

"Wha- a bug!?" Niall screams.

"Chill, there isn't any bug." Louis says sipping on his soda.

"I can tell that something is bugging you." Harry says smugly, proud of himself for coming up with it.

"That was such a dad joke Harry." Niall says not impressed.

"Come on, it was funny." Harry says, a little offended.

_._._._._._

It's a bit after midnight and Louis hasn't been able to go to sleep, only one thing circling his mind. Harry.

He was a little disappointed after their dinner that Harry wasn't going to join them at the house after. Apparently there was some work he had to take care of. Louis rolled his eyes at the thought.