chapter 21

"Please, no." Louis whimpers in his sleep. He's hot and sweaty and is stuck in the same loop which he wants to so desperately break through but can't.

"I- I swear I won't say anything." He says in his sleep as tears trickle from his eyes, down his cheeks and hit the pillow, making small warm spots on it.

"Louis? Wake up." He hears someone call to him but he can't really make out who.

"Lou, I need you to wake up. You're having a bad dream."

"I- I'm sorry." Louis sobs in his sleep.

"Louis! Wake up bub." Harry's voice finally reaches his ears and he jolts awake, his breathing heavy and his body sweaty.

He sees Harry by his side and crawls into his arms. He's scared and the nightmare just won't stop occuring every night.

"Hey it's okay. Shhh. You're okay. It was just a nightmare. I'm here. You're okay." Harry assures him.

"Pl- please make it go away. I'm scared." Louis whimpers, hugging Harry tightly.

"You have nothing to be scared of. I'm here now. You're safe. I'm never gonna let anyone hurt you." Harry repeats over and over again, cradling Louis in his strong arms.

"Please don't go."

"I won't. I'm here Lou, I'll never leave you." Harry smiles at him which puts Louis at great ease as he again drifts off to sleep, but this time he knows Harry is there and is not going to let anything happen to Louis.

The next day, Louis wakes up against a broad muscular chest and a pair of arms wrapped securely around his petite body. He moves his gaze upwards which lands on a perfectly sculpted face, the light coming in from the window beautifully highlighting his features.

"Good morning." Harry says as he catches Louis staring at him.

"Morning." Louis turns red with embarrassment as he looks anywhere but at Harry.

"How did you sleep last night?" Harry asks getting up.

"Fine." Louis answers. He doesn't remember what happened last night and is completely oblivious to the fact how Harry ended up in his room.

"That's good." Harry smiles, knowing it's better to leave last night be. "I'll go make us some breakfast."

"I'm not hungry Haz." Louis says falling back into the bed.

"But you have to take your meds and for that you need to eat something first." Harry tells him matter of factly.

"Harry I-" Louis tries.

"Louis I think we've talked enough about this yesterday. You heard what Ethan said."

"But you know I hate breakfast!" Louis exclaims.

"You have two options here. Either you eat something or I'll be compelled to tell Liam and Zayn about what happened."

"That's called blackmailing!" Louis throws a pillow at Harry.

"Nope. It's called being generous Louis." Harry smiles. "Your call."

"I hate you so much." Louis groans and gets out of bed, making his way to the bathroom.

"Where are you going?" Harry asks.

"To wee. Wanna join?" Louis jokes.

"I might." Harry says, his lips forming into a slight smirk.

"You're gross." Louis shakes his head laughing.

"Alright whatever. I'm gonna go make us some breakfast." Harry says and they both go their separate ways. Louis to the bathroom and Harry to the kitchen.