chapter 11

The results from the tests came back yesterday and according to them, Louis was doing well and was shifted from the emergency to the general ward. Ethan told them that he'll be discharged soon and Louis couldn't be more happier.

"I feel gross." Louis groans. "It feels like I haven't showered in like forever."

"Do you want to take one?" Liam asks.

"Yeah obviously." Louis nods. A nice warm shower sounds really tempting after the kind of week Louis' had.

"Alright, let me just ask Andy real quick if it's fine."

"Liam no! I can shower on my own!" Louis says completely embarrassed.

"What I meant to say was that if it's alright for you to take a shower. I don't want you having pneumonia or something."

"First of all, showering is completely fine and hygienic, if you're forgetting. And second of all, no I'm not gonna get pneumonia or catch cold or something if I shower."

"I just don't wanna take any chances. You're still vulnerable to these things." Liam tells Louis. He doesn't want anything else happening.

"Fine, go ask Andy." Louis rolls his eyes.

Liam calls Andy who shows up a minute later. "Everything alright?"

"Yeah. Louis wanted to take a shower. I just wanted to ask if that's alright?" Liam asks.

"Yeah of course, why wouldn't it be!" Andy tells them to which Louis shoots Liam a 'I told you so' face.

"Or if you want, I can give Louis a sponge bath, if that's fine of course." Andy suggests.

"Uhh no. I'll stick with showering for now." Louis tells them, completely horrified by the idea.

"Okay then, I'll get the water ready." Andy says. "Oh and Louis once you're done, just give me a call if you need me." And with that, she leaves the room.

"Shoot, I forgot to get your clothes." Liam tells Louis, shaking his head. "Don't worry though, me and Harry were texting earlier. He's coming anyway. I'll tell him to drop by the house and get you some clothes."

"Are you sure?" Louis asks, raising an eyebrow.

"Yeah, by the time you finish showering, Harry will have arrived. Nothing to worry about."

"I hope so or I'll haunt you in your dreams." He threatens Liam.

"Ok ok." Liam laughs.

Andy comes back to inform them that the water is warm now and Louis can shower.

Louis gets up for the first time from the bed he's been spending almost one and a half weeks in. He thought it wouldn't be difficult standing up but the idea betrays him when Louis tries standing up. He loses his balance and is about to fall but fortunately, Liam's there by his side and helps him stand up.

"Lou are you sure you don't need any help? You can barely stand up. I can help you shower." Liam asks a little worried.

"Liam it's alright. It's probably because I haven't gotten up for a long time. I'm sure I'll be fine." Louis tells him.

He starts walking slowly, one step at a time. Liam helps him to the bathroom door.

"Liam I'll be fine, you worry too much. It's not like I'm gonna trip and fall and bang my head." Now that Louis hears it, it actually sounds viable.

"I hope not." Liam says.

"Hey, it's ok." Louis keeps his hands on Liam's shoulders firmly and tells him.