chapter 10

Louis wakes up to an annoying beeping noise. He groans and tries to turn on his side but with all the machines hooked to him, and his injuries not to mention, it's almost impossible.

"Careful there Lou." He hears Liam say.

"What time is it?" Louis asks, his voice groggy.

"It's 2 in the morning." Liam says yawning. "What happened? Everything alright?"

"Nothing, I just.. I guess I wanna turn to my side but it's proving to be impossible with all these stupid tubes and stuff still hooked to me. Can we just go home? I'm tired."

"Sorry Lou, they still have to keep you under observation and I know that it can be annoying, but you should try sleeping." Liam tries, he himself is completely exhausted. It was a long day today.

"What do you think I was doing before?" Louis asks, folding his arms over his chest

"Then close your eyes and try going back to sleep. It's important for you to rest as much as you can and in order for your injuries to heal more faster."

"I can't." Louis tells him, groaning.

"Can you close your eyes and try to atleast? Louis I'm tired."  Liam says.

"If I could, I would've been asleep a long time ago. But I can't! So can you just fucking spare me of the 'try to sleep' talk!?" Louis yells.

"Watch your tone Louis." Liam warns.

"Or what!?" Louis pushes.

"Louis don't."

"Just fucking say it that you wanted me dead instead of mum! I know you hate me because I'm being annoying right now but I hate this! I hate being in the hospital, I hate being hooked to machines, I hate the fact that I can't turn around to sleep, I hate that I cannot sleep, no matter how much I try! I hate being in constant pain, I hate my life! I hate everything! I miss mum so much. I just want her back." By the time he finishes, Louis is struggling to breathe and hot tears are streaming down his face.

"Hey now, calm down. Take a deep breath with me." Liam instructs Louis, wiping some tears from Louis' face with the sleeves of his sweater. He hates to see his little brother in so much pain but there's nothing he can do about it to make Louis feel better and that breaks his heart.

Once Louis has calmed down, Liam looks him straight in the eyes and tells him, "Louis listen to me, you're not being annoying. I'm so sorry for acting selfish before and that I got so upset at you but I promise I don't hate you. I could never hate you! So don't ever think that. I know it can be frustrating staying here and your body aching but I promise this will all be okay soon."

For a while, there's a comfortable silence that surrounds them before Louis breaks it. He sniffs, "I wanted to tell you something."

"Yeah, go ahead." Liam tells him gently.

"Before um, I mean after the ac- accident, when we were in- in the ambulance, uhh mum told me to- to tell you this..." Louis says quietly. Liam can sense that Louis doesn't want to talk about it and is getting tense.

"Hey Lou, it's alright if you don't wanna talk about it. You can tell me some other time." Liam tells him.

"But I want to."

Liam nods, encouraging Louis. "Alright, take your time."

Louis takes a deep breath and starts again, "Uhh so when we were um in the ambulance, m- mum told me to tell you that she loves you and that sh- she trusts you and Zayn and Harry with- with me."