Chapter 1 || beginning of it all

TW- talk of violence and blood

Tommy walked down the dirt road, the moon being his only light as he headed back to his home after night patrol. For some odd reason, all of the street's lights weren't illuminated as they usually should be- however, Tommy just brushed it off, as there were now many jobs left undone due to the rise in vampire attacks in the area.

Tommy would usually be left alone during his patrols whilst the rest of his team would go off together, so walking alone at night wasn't uncommon for the boy. The rest of his unit usually left Tommy out as they had a deep hatred for him since they thought he'd been handed everything in his life since he was from a famous family.
"Damn, Niki and Jack always have to be bitches and leave me out, walking down here is so fucking creepy at night," Tommy muttered to himself and grabbed ahold of his small copper pocket knife.

All of a sudden, grey clouds covered the already dark midnight sky. They threw out rain, drenching Tommy's clothes and his surroundings- which he soon surveyed, deciding not taking his chances with the rain, he sprinted towards what seemed to be an abandoned building, holding his hands up above his head as a way to try and stop the rain from impacting him too hard. This failing of cause.

Walking up to the door, he tried to push it, however, it didn't budge.
"Of course, because that would be too easy, wouldn't it?"
He walked around to the side and looked towards a half broken window, elbowing it, successfully making it fall out from the frame. "YES! HAHA, I'M BIG MAN TOMMYINNIT, NO WINDOW CAN STAND AGAINST ME!" he yelled victoriously as he crawled through the open gap in the wall where the window once was.

Something fell on his head- he brushed it away and noticed it was a spider.
"AHHH! FUCK YOU PRICK, GET OFF ME BITCH!" he yelled, swatting over his head until he was sure it was gone.
Tommy looked up from his recent kerfuffle in order to see his surroundings, soon realising it was pointless since it was pitch black.

He soon felt a bad feeling, something in his gut trying to tell him to leave the place- however, being the stubborn child he is, he decided to stay put, not wanting to have to battle with the rain and risk getting ill.
He remembered how Tubbo had practically chewed his ear off last time he got sick, talking about how he should have been more "responsible".
Although it was annoying to Tommy, it still brought a smile to his face every time he reminisced upon it- he'd felt truly cared-about in that moment.
All of a sudden, a small bang could be heard from a distance, shaking Tommy to the bone.
He tried to convince himself that it was an animal, a raccoon or something, but deep down Tommy somehow knew it wasn't. Gliding his hands across the walls, he thankfully found a half used candle. it wouldn't give him much light, but it would do.

Reaching into his pocket, he grabbed his box of matches, praying that the rain hadn't seeped through his pockets, rendering the matches useless. However, to Tommy's luck, they were still dry.
Letting out a sigh of relief, he dragged the match against the box. The flame illuminated a small area around him as he put it up to the candle's wick- the flame shone beautifully against its surroundings as it seeped light all around the darkened place. Tommy hadn't realised how cold he actually was until he felt the small heat emitting from the flame, almost mesmerised by the way the flame danced in the darkness.

Soon his tranquil state warped into pure fear as he could see a figure, just close enough for the light to reach them.
"Oi, what are you doing here? Don't you guys know about the curfew for citizens? Only hunters are permitted to be out at this time," he sternly said, taking a couple steps forward to see the mysterious figure closer. From behind, there was a voice which sent shivers down his spine.
"Oh? Did the kid say hunter?"
Tommy quickly turned to see a second figure close behind him, close enough to study their features-  as soon as he did, Tommy's face flushed.
The figure had dark orange eyes, which shone brightly in the darkness, and teeth that were so sharp they could rip someone's throat out in seconds.
These were all definitely characteristics of the one and only vampire species. Tommy took a cautious step back.

"W-wait, if you're a vampire, then that means-" He got cut off when he felt a figure grab him from behind.
"Bingo, we're both vampires."
The first figure's face was now deep in the candle's light and, as to the man's word, he was a vampire. Frozen in fear, Tommy tried to move, but he couldn't- not even an inch. He was, quite literally, frozen in fear. The first vampire took this to their advantage and grabbed ahold of Tommy from behind, nails digging into Tommy's shoulders. "Thanks for bringing the meal to us, kid, as a token of our appreciation I'll make this fast."

Before Tommy could react, the vampire stuck its teeth deep into his neck, causing blood to flow out- Tommy struggled against this but it was futile. A sense of hopelessness washed over him. He felt so powerless, like an insect caught in a spider's web desperately trying to escape.
'I've gotta think of something fast before I pass out from blood loss,' Tommy thought as he
racked his brain, trying to think, his thoughts being slightly fuzzy either because of the sheer amount of pain he was in or from blood loss. His hand slightly brushed against his small copper knife.
'Ah, there we go,' he thought satisfactorily as he  gripped the knife and stashed it away in his sleeve so the other vampire wouldn't catch on. "Hey, hey, dude, leave some of the blood for me," the second vampire said, walking closer to the duo as the first vampire released his fangs from Tommy. He took this as an opening and clenched the knife tightly before plunging it into the first vampire's leg, causing them to let go of Tommy and drop to the floor- the second vampire, being stunned as they weren't expecting a fight, stood there in shock until Tommy skilfully slashed at his neck, slightly grazing the skin.

"YOU BRAT, you'll pay for that!"
The second vampire swung at Tommy, until Tommy used his shorter size to throw himself at the creature, causing them both to crash down- the struggle lasted about 3 minutes, both of them gaining small scratches and bruises from one another.
The first vampire stood, watching, unsure of what to do. Pure adrenaline shot through Tommy's body as he plunged the copper knife straight into the second vampire's chest, causing blood to squirt out, plastering Tommy in the sticky red substance.
His vision was hazy as he watched the first vampire flee from the scene- it was clear that these were new vampires, untrained in the art of hunting. Tommy exhaled a long breath, only just realising that he had been holding his breath.
He used old, collapsed pieces of wood from the building to help him stand- it was clear that he was losing blood, and fast. He had to leave and patch himself up before he bled to death, so without another thought, Tommy went out the way he entered and walked towards the village, despite the pouring rain.

=============================
Words- 1216
Ayee hope you enjoyed the first chapter I've got a lot more ideas for this story so far so stay tuned