Chapter 22 || alone

{recap}

His tied eyes looked up, meeting with the white eyes of his sire, whom in return let out a loud gasp, after seeing the ghastly condition George was in.
A wave of relief washed over George, he now could relax, he dropped his head down, no longer being able to stay conscious.

He was safe, at last.

===============================

Pov [ Tommy + Techno + Wilbur]

"Why'd we have to all get dressed up for this? Seems pretty pointless-" Tommy complained, attempting to tie the bow around his collar. He was failing miserably, being it was the first time the blonde had ever been required to dress up this much.
Techno looked over towards him, arms out as Wilbur made sure each ruffle of the pinks shirt was folded in just the right way. "Have to agree with you on this one, kid." Smirking at the end of his sentence, glancing over to be met with an annoyed twitch on the blondes face.

Wilbur stood back, arms crossed with an exaggerated look of offence.
"Pointless!?" Both Techno and Tommy shared a look, knowing Wilbur was about to go on a tangent.
"You two clearly have no knowledge on fashion, I mean we're going to a high class event! It's standard!" Wilbur lectured whilst walking across the room towards a still, struggling Tommy.
"I mean, I expected this from Techno- the guy barely wares anything but a poet shirt. It truly lacks lustre-" he turned pointing at Techno, who just rolled his eyes in return.
"But Tommy.." Wilbur paused, focused on helping Tommy tie the ribbon.
"you fell asleep on my shoulder when I played the guitar for god's sake!! I thought that would give us some brotherly connection with our interests!!" He said, patting down the creases on the blondes silk shirt, then taking a step back to admire his work.

Tommy frowned at Wilbur's sentence "I'm not your brother." He coldly commented, I mean come on, surely these vampires weren't actually looking for a 'connection' as they put it. Surely there's something they want off him. Information about the order...? The hunters..? Tommy decided they were the most likely options.
He looked down, as to not meet the two vampire's eyes, however, after a long awkward silence, Tommy raised his gaze back up towards the two, mainly due to the fact they were uncharacteristically quiet, which confused him.
Tommy was taken aback by what he saw-, a disheartened look was shared amongst the pair. This confusing Tommy even more- I mean-, surely they were only keeping him around so he doesn't cause anymore problems in 'their' territory.. right? However, the pair here seemed genuinely saddened by Tommy's comment.

Although, he had not time to ponder on this thought as Techno shifted around awkwardly before speaking up. "so uh- Wilbur when did you say the carriages were coming..?" clearly trying to change the topic of conversation. "oh, right-" Wilbur mumbled, in a much different tone from before, a much less exited one- as he turned his face to meet the wall, supposedly towards the clock that rested upon the fireplace. His once sullen look shifted into a more alarmed one as he jumped on the spot in surprise. He shot his head back facing the two, "uh.. NOW-" he picked up his coat and pulled it on, whilst he rushed out of the room. "oh we are seriously not going to be late again-" Techno said in his signature monotonous tone, doing the same with his own coat. Prompting Tommy to follow his actions as he went after  the two.

Thankfully, after much effort from the trio, they had made it to the carriage just in time, meeting with a very frustrated Philza inside. "you're late" he commented, raising an eyebrow towards the trio, putting his pocket watch back into his pocket. Wilbur opened his mouth, attempting to speak however, was soon shut down by Techno beating him to it, "sorry 'bout that-" he said, leaning into the back of the carriage seat in order to get into a more comfortable position before facing Wilbur. With a smug smile he continued, " Wilbur was too busy with his fashion show to even realise the time."