Chapter 9 || instincts

{recap}

This night Tommy had drank from multiple deer, he had drained them completely dry and yet, his immense thirst for blood was still no longer quenched.

He needed more, more blood.

===============================
TW/CW- Talk of dead animals, blood, violence

Pov [Tommy]

After he making it back home for the night he began to think on as to why his nothing had managed to fulfil his seemingly growing thirst.

He stayed up late up until the early hours of the morning skimming through all the books about vampires he could find laying around his house. Until his attention was brought to the book which had started it all-

The book which dream had gifted to him.

He leaped out of his desks chair towards the book, flipping though it's many pages until he had reached the page which had told him about the replacement of animal blood to begin with.

Careful now reading though each sentence he re read the chapter until his reading had came to a halt-
Tommy now realises the mistake he had made, the sentence ended with "animal blood can be used a replacement to human blood however-"

perhaps he probably should have questioned why the rest of the page was ripped off and perhaps had the insight to look into the effects of consuming animal blood for vampires, however he was so excited about stumbling upon this new information that he didn't put too much thought into what the book had stated.

He let out a sigh at his own dumbness whilst racking his brains on what to do next because surely or not he wouldn't be able to continue this on, right?

===============================

the next night had come upon him and like always he felt an immense thirst that raged throughout his entire body.

After a while of trying to hold himself back he finally decided it was futile, he pulled himself from his bed and dragged himself out of the house walking towards the forest.

On the way there he found a newspaper scattered across the dirt path, he picked it up and curiously read the front page.

'Strange heaps of animals found drained of all their blood, what monster did this?'

A pang of an unknown feeling feeling crept up inside Tommy, no he knew what that feeling was. Over the years he had tried to suppress the awful feeling but alas it had come to no use.

The feeling was sadness.

He was very accustomed to the feeling, especially when he was younger and still training with his father.

The feeling of a tear hitting the paper brought him out pf his thoughts, causing him to scrunch up the paper and throwing it at the closest building.

It was him, he was the monster wasn't he? He was a monster.

They, the towns people he protected viewed him as a monster. And for what? For wanting to survive.
Is this what vampires felt when it happened to them?
No it couldn't be they were heartless right?