Chapter 3 || dark red

{recap}

After getting back home the pains from before started back up again, luckily not at bad *this is some weird fucking cold* tommy thought to himself before feeling the sunlight that shone through his windows irritate his skin, causing tommy to run up to every window in his room and tightly shutting the curtains so not even a pinch of sunlight could seep though them.

Practically crawling to his bed he lay down and felt a wave of relief as the pain of standing had been taken away, drifting to sleep slowly hoping that when he woke up this strange illness would have bypassed.

=============================
⚠️ TW/ CW- mentions of blood/ violence, talk of throwing up

11pm
[Pov- Tommy]
Waking up, the moonlight took the place of the sunlight, making it easier on Tommy's eyes.
An immeasurable hunger was the first thing to hit him.
"Damn, I mean, it makes sense- the last time I had something to eat was before that attack."

Trying to wipe the sleepiness from his eyes, he sat up in his bed and felt a sharp pain slash into the side of his body, nearly causing him to fall down. He raised his hand and brushed against the skin of the bite wound- well, just over the bandage which had been hastily wrapped around the wound.

Letting his curiosity get ahold of him, he ripped off the bandages, revealing the wound. Grabbing a mirror, he looked down to inspect it and it spooked him. Tracing his hands down over the wound, making sure it was real and not his imagination. Unfortunately for him, it was the former.

Then suddenly, it hit him.
The bite wound, the pale skin, the hunger-

"Nonononono, NO, FUCK!" he said, grabbing the mirror again. He took a look into his eyes, using his fingers to pull them open for a better look, and then he saw it.
Something that made his blood run cold.
A glint of orange could be seen, slowly taking over his usually ocean blue eyes.

Ripping the covers off, he ran towards the kitchen- he'd heard something in class that his teacher had mentioned. The fact vampires can't eat normal human food- apparently, something to do with their biology, or something along the lines of that.
Tommy was wishing he had paid more attention to that topic in class- who knew that what they were teaching would actually be useful to him one day?

He grabbed a carton of milk, or well what was left of it, and frantically downed the rest of it. Whilst grabbing some leftovers and shovelling them in, his body had other ideas, as he was forced to run to the bathroom before puking all of the food back up.

This went for a while- him eating some food, trying to keep it down, only to throw it up in the end.

It broke Tommy, truly, this would be a night he would probably never forget.
He hated feeling like this, so he broke, causing tears to pour down his tired face. Not being able to keep food down was a factor of him being upset- however, what upset him more was that everything, every piece of food he had tried to eat, tasted awful, a taste he could only describe as hideous, like he wasn't eating food at all, but something completely different.

{time skip}

He got up from the corner that he had been quietly sobbing in and decided to go out for a night walk to try and calm his nerves. Maybe even to feel even slightly better?
Especially since his skin had suddenly taken an aversion to sunlight, this would be probably the last chance he would have to go outside. For a while.