𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝟭

Y/n

The next morning, I woke with a heaviness in my heart like no other. Taehyung rose to do his morning routine and I waited until he had taken a shower and dressed, forcing back the tears. I had a part to play this morning and I didn't want to do so.

I was doing this for the sake of our children's future, not mine. "Taehyung," I forced out. "I don't feel good."

He was at my side in an instant, his hand on my forehead. "What's wrong? Is it the baby?"

I winced, not at all completely fake either. "I think so. I need Dr. Gwan."

"Fuck," he breathed, pressing his lips to my temple as he reached for his phone. "Rest, Y/n. I will get her here immediately."

Tears gathered in my eyes, and this time I didn't blink them away as I watched Taehyung pace the bedroom floor, urgently talking to Dr. Gwan. He looked so worried that I felt sick to my stomach at what I was putting him through.

It was wrong, so wrong.

When he hung up, Taehyung crossed the room and climbed back onto the bed. "I'm sorry," I blurted out as he took me into his arms, pulling me against his chest. "I'm ruining your day."

"Fuck my day," he said, his arms holding me carefully. "You are what fucking matters, Y/n. You and this baby."

I leaned back against him, tears coursing down my cheeks now. I would never forgive myself for this pain I was putting him through. "Shh," he said, pressing his lips into my hair. "It's going to be just fine, Y/n. I will have the finest physicians on standby if that is what it takes. This is our child. It is already strong."

Oh God, how was I going to walk away from him?

Luckily, Dr. Gwan came soon afterward, and she shooed Taehyung out of the room. "Go to the hospital," she stated. "I'm sure there are security concerns, but Y/n is going to have to go."

Taehyung looked over at me, the anguish in his eyes clear. "Are you sure?"

I swallowed, wanting to call the whole thing off.

"Yes, I'm sure!" Dr. Gwan replied angrily, snapping her fingers. "I'm the doctor here, and we need to get her to a hospital. I will arrange transport and see to her safety."

Taehyung's jaw clenched as he walked over, pressing his lips against my forehead. "I'll leave some guards," he stated. "To follow you."

"Go!" Dr. Gwan insisted. "We don't have time for this."

I gripped his hand tightly, drinking in the last memory I would have of him. "Go, Taehyung. Dr. Gwan can take care of me. I'm fine."

He looked as if he wanted to say something else, but his jaw clenched shut, and he strode away. "Now hurry," she whispered as we heard the elevator start. "We don't have long."

I threw the covers aside and pulled on the clothes I had already laid out the night before, grabbing the bag from under the bed. Taehyung had been so distracted that he hadn't seen it placed there, already packed, and ready for my escape. "Go get Hyun Ki," I told the doctor.

She nodded, and I gave myself one moment to look around his room, finally deciding to take one of his shirts that he had casually thrown to the floor after last night. It still smelled like him, and tears crowded my eyes as I stuffed it into the bag. I was crazy for leaving like this, but it was my only chance for a normal life for my children and me.

He was going to have to understand.

I reached into the bag and pulled out the note I had painstakingly written for him, placing it on the dresser where he would see it. Inside I told him that I loved him but couldn't subject our children to this life and that I hoped he knew that it wasn't because of who he was. It was because of the life he had to live, and I couldn't live it with him.