𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝟮𝟲

Taehyung

I sat on the floor in Eon Jin's nursery with a bottle of vodka beside me, content to watch my daughter sleep in her crib. It was sometime after midnight, and I had just finished soothing Hyun Ki from a nightmare before Eon Jin had started to call out for her two-hour feeding.

I was exhausted. It had only been three days since I had brought her home, and my sleep was nearly nonexistent.

How women did this all the time was beyond me, but I didn't give them that much credit until now. I felt like a truck had hit me, and I hadn't even given birth.

Instead, I had brought Eon Jin home to a silent penthouse and a hyper older brother, proudly wearing his big brother shirt that his nanny had bought him. She hadn't asked any questions when Y/n didn't appear with me, but Hyun Ki had.

He had asked questions that I couldn't answer.

Sighing, I picked up the bottle and took a long draw, my body already numb from the liquor I had already consumed.

It was the only way I got by at night.

A shaft of moonlight found my daughter's angelic face, and I smiled as she twitched her lips, likely thinking about the next bottle she would have. I was already amazed by her, finding myself scared shitless about having a daughter. Hyun Ki had been one thing. His future was set.

But Eon Jin's, that remained to be seen. My sister had chosen her own path, my father unable to force her into anything she didn't want to do.

If my little girl took after her namesake, I was in for some hard years.

Not that I minded so much. Way before Y/n had betrayed me, I was excited about the prospect of having a girl. Now I had the best of both worlds.

God, how I wished my sister were here to see this! She used to joke with me that I would never have any kids at the rate I was going at. She would tease me that I would never find a woman to even want to impregnate, and I would remind her that I was a man whore who enjoyed practising.

We would share a secret laugh only to have the same conversation all over again.

I could see her now, with Hyun Ki curled up in her lap as she held her namesake, her eyes shining with tears.

Well, that is, if I hadn't pushed my wife away and stolen our daughter. My sister would likely kick my ass for what I had done to Y/n.

If only I had a wife to enjoy this with.

I thought about the last moments with Y/n, her screams and pleading as I walked out of the room with Eon Jin in my arms, never once letting Y/n see her daughter. It was cruel, but I knew the moment I laid her in her mother's arms, I might not get her back. It had been a bastard move, one that I wasn't proud of at all. Of all the things I had done in my lifetime, walking out of that room listening to my wife scream behind me was the worst. I would rather face a room full of enemies than to hear that pain in her voice.

I hoped she realised it hadn't been easy on me. After her delivery, I had gotten the nurse to give her some meds to knock her out so that I could work on getting everything set up. A generous donation on my behalf to the hospital had all but solidified whatever I wanted, though the nursing staff hadn't liked the idea of me stealing Eon Jin away from her mother. I had seen the looks, heard the whispers, and yeah, it was hard for me to live with myself what I had done.

But it had to be done. "Fuck," I breathed, feeling something wet on my cheek.

I was fucking crying.

Instead of stopping, I let the tears fall, needing some release. I hated being the bastard on this. I hated the fact that I wanted Y/n sitting next to me, marvelling at every little thing that our daughter was doing.