𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝟭𝟳

Taehyung

"So, everything looks good. Of course, it's too soon to see what your little one is, but the heartbeat is great, and most importantly, Mrs. Kim, you look good."

I stood against the wall as Y/n flushed at the doctor's words. "So, what shouldn't she do?"

The doctor looked at me, a smile on his face. He knew who I was. Everyone in this office knew who I was. I had asked for the appointment to be after hours, when no one would be in the office. It made it easier to have my guards monitor the place.

After giving a nice donation to buy some new piece of equipment, they were more than happy to accommodate my needs.

It still didn't mean I wasn't on edge. Anytime I had to take Y/n out of the penthouse, I was on high alert until I could get her back safely. Every minute that we were out was another opportunity that Baekhyun could take a shot at her or me.

"Actually, Mr. Kim, she can do just about anything she wants. Of course, no heavy lifting, no sudden jerking, like bungee jumping or sky diving, but other than that, she's a healthy woman, and this is her second pregnancy. I would say this will be easier than the first."

I frowned, and the doctor cleared his throat. "I will leave you to get dressed then."

He walked out of the exam room, and Y/n slid off the exam table, looking far too fucking delectable in the paper gown. I had noticed that her stomach was starting to round slightly, seemingly overnight, and pure male pride threaded through my body as I thought about how I put that there.

That was my fucking kid. "Why did you scare the doctor?" she asked as she picked up her underwear.

"He just reminded me that I wasn't there for you the first time," I said honestly, the rawness in my chest at what she had gone through without me there nearly eating me alive.

Y/n paused, her eyes meeting mine. "We didn't plan the first one, Taehyung. You didn't know."

I gave her a shrug, and Y/n went back to covering up her body, finally stepping into her shoes. I held the door open for her and nodded to the guard that was standing outside, waiting until the guard cleared the hall before I ushered her forward. It wasn't until we had said goodbye to the doctor and were in the SUV before I took a breath again. "It's okay," Y/n said as I took her hand in mine and held it on top of my leg. "We made it, see?"

I grunted. "I don't know why he couldn't come to the penthouse instead."

"Because he had everything he needed at the office," she argued. It was an argument that we had before, when the appointment was made. I was willing to buy whatever the doctor needed to see Y/n at home, but she had pushed back, and finally I had been forced to relent so that she would at least talk to me again. I didn't want to piss her off, but fuck, she didn't know what hell I was going through letting her be out in the open today.

"Oh!"

Y/n's exclamation startled me, and I reached for my gun. "What? What is it?"

She looked at me and then at the gun in my hand. "Lord help me, Taehyung. Put that away. I just saw a coffee shop that I love. Can we please stop?"

"No," I growled, tucking my gun out of sight. I had already been through one mini heart attack today. I would rather not do it again.

She grabbed my arm, her eyes pleading with me. "Please? I promise I will be quick. I just haven't had their coffee in so long, and it would be so nice."

I arched a brow at her. "You are laying it on thick, woman."

Y/n batted her eyes at me. "Is it working?"