𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝟮𝟮

Taehyung

"That's it?"

Jungkook nodded. "That's it. She held her own against that asswipe. Why are you even entertaining him?"

I leaned back in the chair, wishing I could just dump his ass and move on. If I had known who my newest app creator was, then I would have never agreed to front him the money that was supposed to come back to me tenfold.

It was already proving to be lucrative, but knowing that the asshole had broken Y/n's heart and sent her running my way made me want to place my fist in his face. "I've got a shitload of money invested in his app," I finally said. "I can't just pull out."

"Well then you are the asshole," Jungkook growled as he stood. "She doesn't think you even fucking care about her, and doing this isn't going to help."

I didn't respond as Jungkook walked out of the office, turning my attention to the city outside the window instead. Not care about her? I had rescued her twice, given her a comfortable life. How could she not know that I cared for her?

Maybe it was time for me to give her some trinket so that she knew I cared still. The patch we had gone through over the last few months had been tough, and I knew we were drifting apart.

Mostly because of me, and I didn't know how to fix it. My father would tell me to take her out on the town, wine and dine her until she couldn't get enough, and give her something that would change her opinion of me.

My mother would be hitting me on the back of my head and telling me to make up before it was too late, that Y/n was carrying my child and needed to be happy.

I wanted her to be happy. I fucking hated the fact that she wasn't, but I was trying to secure our future.

I was trying to fix it all.

****

Y/n was waiting for me when I walked out of the elevator, and for a moment, I drank in the sight of her. She was heavily pregnant, but to me, her body was ripe for the picking. She fucking glowed, even with the dark circles under her eyes.

Circles I had put there.

"Why are you working with Ye-jun?" she asked as I walked into the living room.

"I'm trying to grow my legitimate business market," I bit out as I picked up the decanter of whiskey from the bar and a glass, pouring the glass nearly full. "Isn't that what you want me to do? Don't you want me to go legit?" I knew I was being an asshole by the way I was throwing it back into her face, but I was so fucking tired of being dogged by my own wife to make this life something I couldn't.

I wasn't a legit man. I was a Mafia boss and would remain that way until Baekhyun was dead.

After that, well, it would be difficult to walk away knowing I owned not one but two Mafias, lucrative ones at that.

I wasn't about to tell Y/n that, though. She was already riding my ass. The last thing I needed was for her to go off the deep end.

"Do you know what his app does?"

I turned to face my wife, a woman I had craved more times than not a few months ago. "What kind of question is that? Of course I do."

She crossed her arms over her breasts, breasts that were swollen and begging for my mouth latched onto her nipple.

Right now, I knew she would hit me if I even offered to do so, but my cock still twitched at the thought.

"Tell me what it does then."