𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝟵

Taehyung

I grimaced as I stood, nearly doubling over at the pain that sliced through my stomach. While the doctor that checked me this morning stated that I was healing well, I felt like some newborn foal who couldn't stand on its own.

I hated the feeling.

Finally, after a few shuddering breaths, the pain started to subside, and I made my way to the bathroom, relieving my bladder while bracing my hand on the wall before me. It had been two days since I came home from the hospital, and I didn't feel any better than when I left. The penthouse was overrun with guards and visiting brigadiers, everyone waiting for the moment that I would declare war on Baekhyun and set plans in motion.

But I couldn't focus on my enemy right now. There was a notable absence for me, not only in my bed but also in my fucking heart.

Somehow, I got myself back to the bedroom and stripped off the silk pajamas that I wore for the doctor's visit in favor of my traditional workwear. The normal soft Italian silk of my shirt chafed my skin as I slid it on over the heavily bandaged middle, wincing as my muscles pulled with each movement.

The trousers, they were harder to pull up, but somehow, I did it, and then slid a hand through my hair. It had been nine days since I saw my wife and child.

Nine days since I heard Y/n's voice or Hyun Ki's laughter.

Scratch that. I had heard it, just in my dreams, dreams that turned into nightmares and woke me panting in fear of what danger they were in without my protection.

Not that I could protect them right now. I couldn't even fucking stand straight to piss.

After sliding on my shoes, I walked out of the bedroom, ignoring the shut door that led to Hyun Ki's  nursery. The first night back had been the worst fucking night of my life, seeing his room untouched, his crib not slept in.

Not to mention Y/n missing from my bed. I had grown used to her sleeping next to me, her hand resting on my chest near my heart.

Now there was nothing but empty sheets beside me, and every morning I woke, hoping for a different outcome.

Jungkook and the others snapped to attention when I entered the room, and I schooled the expression on my face, hiding the fact that I was in pain. He and I had already had our falling out about letting Y/n and Hyun Ki get away from him, and as much as I hated the way I had railed at him, it was necessary.

Jungkook helped me into the bedroom, and I eased onto the bed, grimacing in pain. "Fuck me, I feel like my insides are going to fall out."

"You need to rest," he said matter-of-factly. "Take some time off, Taehyung."

I glared at him. "Rest? My fucking family is missing, and you want me to lie in this bed like nothing has happened?"

His expression changed. "I'm sorry, Taehyung," he replied, hanging his head. "It's my fault that she slipped away."

"You're damn right it is," I growled, leaning back on the pillows so that I could take some of the pain off my abdomen. Another scar for Y/n to trace; that is, if I could get her back. After I was finally told that she was missing, I forced the hospital administration to look at the tapes of her visit to my room, and the words weren't hard to hear.

Including my own damn admission to her that I had killed her parents. That was not how I wanted to tell her. I wanted to tell her the entire story and the lack of knowledge I had in the beginning of what was going to happen.

Hell, I hadn't even known who they were back then, only people who dared defy my parents.

But I shouldn't have kept it from my wife for this long, and now I was paying the fucking price. "Find her," I told him. "I don't care what it takes, but you fucking find her, and I will spare your life."