𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝟮𝟰

Taehyung

In an age of technology at our fingertips, sometimes it's hard to remember that there is a brainchild behind those apps on our phones. Normally those apps are used to meet people, make new friends, provide updates to family members, or to show off the lives we lead.

Unfortunately, I have received information about a new app that will be coming out in the next month that doesn't do anything but provide the harsh reality of those that want to not only profit off people but also exploit the laws that are put into place to protect others. Date Me is the platform brainchild of Ye-jun, one that touts the use of an app to match those interested in having dates with virtual strangers. For a nominal fee, members can sign up and scroll through a multitude of different types of dates that are sponsored by those looking for company.

When I first was given a preview of the app, I was drawn into the innocence of the concept, much like the other dating apps that are currently on the market. What I found was that those sponsoring the dates are well-known madames of our fair city, exploiting their women and even men, under the pretense that it's for fun. This app is not for fun. It's hiding the real ugly truth about "dating," which is that we are supporting the prostitution that our city has tried to rid itself of for generations. While some of these women choose this lifestyle, many do not, forced into it because of high taxes or the inability to find a good-paying job to support their family.

Please don't fall victim to this app or any of them like this. They are backed by members of our society that have more money than they know what to do with, so they choose to support ventures such as Ye-jun, whose only interest is to line his pockets with cold hard cash at the expense of women and men forced into service. Shame on you, Ye-jun, and your investors that could use their money for good, like the support of women's programs to help find jobs or support educational opportunities that will not have them lie on their back for a quick buck.

I placed the paper on the table, picking up my drink instead. "I can get out of this," Ye-jun was saying, sweat dotting his upper lip. He looked like hell, his tie skewed and the red-rimmed eyes a nod to all-night binge drinking.

I knew that feeling; I just hid it better. My head still pounded from the bottle of vodka I had consumed alone last night, not remembering much about anything.

The surprise was that I woke to Y/n pressed up against my body, her hand on my chest in her bedroom. I had no idea how I had wound up there or why, but it was clear to me that she hadn't kicked me out, which meant that she had either taken pity on me or I had forced my way into her bed.

I didn't think I had forced her. Hell, after leaving the warmth of her body, I had gone and jerked off in the shower for the hundredth time, pretending that she was standing there, urging me on.

And then this. "How are you going to get out of this?" I asked evenly, tapping my fingers on the table. It was early, but the moment I had gotten wind of this downfall, I had demanded a meeting with him, choosing to meet outside the penthouse and in a public restaurant so I wouldn't fucking kill him.

"I don't know," Ye-jun admitted, wiping his forehead before picking up his drink. "I'll reconfigure the settings, ensure that it looks legit."

I banged my fist on the table, rattling the glasses and silverware that had been placed there. "It's too fucking late for that. The feds will be knocking on your door before the end of the day. No investor, including me, is going to stick around and see if you are able to fix this. You've screwed this shit up."

"Please," he begged, his eyes bleak. "I can't—I don't have any money left. If you pull out, I will go bankrupt."

I gave him a rueful smile. "It won't matter. You better get yourself a good lawyer because you are going to need it."