𝗘𝗽𝗶𝗹𝗼𝗴𝘂𝗲

Y/n

I shifted in the seat, watching as the scenery flew past. The leaves were changing, and it was one of my favourite times of year.

Unfortunately, my life sucked. I had no kids, no baby that I could cuddle with and coo over who she looked like.

I had no toddler that would clamber up in my lap to see his new baby sister, wanting to touch her face and ask a thousand questions about what was going on with her.

And most importantly, I had no husband that would smile down at me proudly as we enjoyed our tiny family, obvious excitement in his eyes.

All I had was leaky boobs, a bag full of cash and clothes, and a ticket to absolutely nowhere.

I leaned my forehead against the cool glass, thinking over the last twenty-four hours. After my interaction with Jungkook, he had driven me to the train station and wished me well, promising to be in touch to let me know what was going on. I didn't know whether to trust him or not, but considering he was the only ally I had right now, I really didn't have much of a choice.

too much already, giving her the article and having her help me out the last time I had run away from Taehyung.

So, I hadn't even contacted her, boarding the train and sitting in this one seat since the moment it started to move. I was exhausted, sore, and heartbroken.

Not a good combo for my overall mental health, that was for sure.

My mind constantly worried about the health of my new daughter and how she was faring in the hands of her father. I knew that Taehyung wouldn't hurt her. I wasn't worried about that. He would ensure she had the best nanny, the best of everything, and she was far too young to understand what had happened.

I worried about my son, who was likely confused as to why Mommy hadn't come home with his new baby sister. We had talked about it every day to help him prepare that there would be another person that would need his mommy too. I had read him books, and his nanny had been wonderful in the way she had helped me educate him on what was about to happen.

Now he had a new baby sister and no mommy. I might as well be dead to him.

I hated it.

I worried about Taehyung. Based on what Jungkook had said, he wasn't doing so well himself, and he was now in charge of our children. I hated him for what he had done to me, taking Eon Jin away without so much of a peep at her and punishing me for wanting to help him not get thrown into prison.

But I worried about him too.

Ugh, I was such a confused person.

Now I was sitting on a train bound for upstate Seoul, hoping I could find a cabin like I had the first time I had left Sal so that I could await the text from Jungkook. I didn't lie to the guard when I told him that I wasn't going to let this go. I was going to give him a few days as promised, but then I would be looking for a way to get back to my kids.

They were my number one priority.

I had even toyed with the thought of texting Taehyung to let him know, but at the last minute chickened out and deleted the text. I didn't want to piss him off any more than he already was, but I wanted him to know that I wasn't giving up. He thought I was just going to roll over and let him take my children away from me without a fight?

Well, he should remember how hard I had fought to get away from him in the beginning. Then he would know that his time was limited.

Maybe after a week with our children, he would see that they needed their mother. If he didn't, then he was far colder-hearted than I had taken him for. I wanted to believe that taking Eon Jin away had been a hard decision on his part, that he hadn't done it without some worry himself.

That was what would keep him human in my eyes.

My concern, however, was that it was the complete opposite, and he had done so without even considering the consequences.

No, that wasn't Taehyung, or at least not the Taehyung I had grown to know and love. That wasn't the man that chased Hyun Ki around the penthouse or the man who had thrown him an elaborate birthday party.

That wasn't the man who had given me everything I could ever want both physically and emotionally, though he had never said the words I longed to hear.

Taehyung was a lot of things, but cruel was not really him. He thought it was because he was born into this world, but I had seen good in him. I felt the good in him.

Reaching up, I gripped the heart he had bought me, looking for some source of strength to get through these next couple of days. I just had to hang on. I had to have faith like never before and know that I was going to be reunited with my children.

I couldn't give up, even if I felt like I was already fighting a losing battle.

My bladder started to call, and I grabbed my bag as I stood, carefully exiting the row. Luckily, I was the only one seated there, so I could come and go as I needed to, and with just giving birth, I needed to go a lot.

I moved down the aisle to the bathroom and tucked my bag on the floor as I took care of my needs. Taehyung had made certain that I wasn't going to starve. I even had the means to buy clothing and whatever else I needed to move on.

What he didn't realise was that I couldn't move on. Those were my children, and I wasn't the type of parent to be able to just turn my back and forget they ever existed. They were my flesh and blood.

I should have never left.

I finished my business and grabbed my bag before making my way back to my seat, avoiding eye contact with the other passengers as I did so. To them I was just another passenger, but to me, I was a failed mom, a failed wife, and a failed person in general.

One particular dark-haired person caught my eye, mainly because she had these huge sunglasses on when they weren't needed on the train, and I hurried past her as I realized who it was.

Dr. Gwan was on my train.

I couldn't believe it. There had been no sightings of her, and since the war between the two Mafias had kicked into overdrive, the KNPA had dropped looking for her specifically. I thought she had escaped the country, knowing that Taehyung wasn't going to stop looking for her.

Yet here she was, riding the train just like I was.

I sat in the seat nearest to the aisle and looked back up in the general direction where I had seen her. Though I couldn't see the front of her face from my vantage point, there had been little doubt that it was her.

I had found my husband's number one enemy.

My heart in my throat, I debated on what I could do. I could alert the authorities and see if they could keep tabs on her.

I could go talk to her myself, demand that she come with me and take her back to Taehyung in an effort to see my kids.

A bargaining chip, if you must call it that.

Or I could just let Taehyung know, and he could take it from there. It would be a text he couldn't ignore, one that I thought would definitely capture his attention.

And by capture, I mean he would be forced to bring me back home as well.

Nearly giddy with possibilities, I pulled out my phone and found his name, hovering over the keyboard with my fingers. I had to do this. It was my way of getting back home. I didn't care about getting back in his good graces per se, but I wanted to see my children. I wanted to hold my baby. I wanted to kiss Hyun Ki's chubby cheeks.

I just wanted to make sure that they knew I was safe and that they were too.

So, I fired off a single sentence, one that I was sure my husband would understand with no problems.

I found her.

End of  Epilogue