𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝟭𝟱

Taehyung

I walked out onto the balcony, my cell phone in my hand. Another shitty day melting into another night with my family. I couldn't even begin to describe what it felt like to walk in and see Y/n in the kitchen, Hyun Ki on her hip.

It was like the stone in my fucking chest lifted and I could breathe again.

I was trying. I wanted Y/n to trust that I had the best of intentions in mind, and giving her the burner phone was a stretch. I wasn't surprised that she had called her best friend, but what I was surprised about was when I listened to the call myself.

My wife had stood up for me and her decision to come back. I couldn't lie. There was a swell of pride that had bubbled up in my chest as I had listened to her words.

She believed that I could protect her and our children. That was all I needed to hear.

I pressed send on a number already programmed into my phone, holding it up to my ear.

"June."

"June, this is Kim Taehyung."

I heard a small gasp on the other end of the phone before she cleared her throat. "What do you want?"

I stared out over the city. "I want you to know that Y/n is safe. She has no reason to fear me."

June snorted. "Fear you? I'm not worried about her fearing you. I'm worried about you getting her killed! You don't deserve her. She's far better than you could ever be."

"I agree," I told her. "I'm a bastard. I'm not going to lie about that." Y/n was ten times better than I could ever be.

"Well, at least we are in agreement then."

I smirked. "I will continue to let Y/n contact you, but if you try to interfere in our marriage, I will stop the calls."

"Who the hell do you think you are?" she asked angrily. "That was exactly what I was trying to explain to Y/n. You are controlling every move she makes. That's not a marriage. That's not love."

You don't know anything about me," I growled, my good humor fleeing.

"I know you are an asshole for the way you are treating her," she stated, clearly not intimidated by me.

I wasn't going to lie, it was refreshing to have someone stand up to me. Too bad she was going to lose this argument. "Y/n is living in one of the most expensive places in the city. She wants for nothing, and she has my undivided loyalty to her and my children. Tell me, June, where is her life so horrible?"

"You will find out," she answered. "You will find out that you can't force her to love you. You're incapable of love, and Y/n will never be happy with someone who can't love her."

I wasn't about to explain my feelings about my wife to her asshole friend. "I will not stop you from contacting her," I forced out. "But tread carefully, June. I am a very powerful man, and if you hurt what is mine, then I will have no choice but to retaliate."

"Are you threatening me?"

"Take it as you see it," I told her, flexing my hand at my side. "I can make your life and your career something great, or I can make it a living hell. Your choice." Y/n would likely never talk to me again if she knew that I was saying these things to her friend, but I needed for June to know that I wasn't going to sit back and let her talk shit about me and my marriage. I didn't have to explain myself to anyone, especially not her.

"Can I ask you a question?" she finally asked, surprising me.

"Of course." Hell, I was curious.