𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝟮𝟭

Y/n

Two Weeks to Go

I rubbed my lower back as I put Hyun Ki in the crib, brushing my hand over his hair. He was looking more and more like Taehyung every day, and I wondered if he would have the same temperament or if he had been graced with my way of thinking.

God, I hoped it was my way. "Go to sleep, my son," I told him, forcing him to lie down. Hyun Ki fussed, but after tucking his blanket around him and handing him his favorite toy to cuddle with, one that Taehyung had bought him long ago, Hyun Ki's eyes finally drifted shut.

I tiptoed out of the room and closed the door softly, leaning against the wall to catch my breath. I had two weeks until my due date, and it couldn't come soon enough. While the first part of my pregnancy had been a breeze, the second half was going to kill me before I could have this baby. I was constantly short of breath, my body ballooning out and making it difficult to do, well, anything. More and more, I relied on the household staff to do most of it, too tired most days to even tuck Hyun Ki in.

At least I was ready this time. The nursery, of course, was done, and I had gone on an online shopping spree to fill it with clothes, diapers, and toys.

The funny thing was, after everything I purchased, some gifts had still managed to make their way into the nursery, and I knew that my husband was the culprit.

At least I knew he was still alive.

Pushing away from the wall, I waddled down to my bedroom, not even bothering to glance at Taehyung's. He wasn't in there. He barely saw his own son now, and I couldn't even remember the last time he had kissed me.

Don't even ask about sex. That had been pretty much nonexistent for the last few months. The last time had been in the shower, where for the first time since I had met Taehyung, he hadn't bothered to ensure I was taken care of first. I had cried afterward, once he had taken his leave, my heart hurting that I had lost yet another piece of my husband. I never thought he loved me. His mafia was first and foremost in his life.

But I had thought he cared a little.

After a nap myself, I felt a little better and walked into the kitchen, looking for a snack. "Taehyung," I breathed, finding my husband in the living room. He just stood there, and I shifted my stance, my feet aching along with my heart.

"Y/n," he said, clearing his throat. He was devastatingly beautiful, though there was a haunted look about him, one that told me he wasn't faring through this much better than I was. I wanted to run into his arms and feel his warmth, to know that he still cared a little about our children and me. I felt like a woman locked in a gilded cage, whose husband had abandoned her for another woman.

That woman being his mafia, though I wasn't so certain that he didn't have other women on the side. I mean, I wasn't the most attractive person right now, and our sexual relationship had taken a nosedive.

"What?"

Realizing I was staring, I cleared my own throat. "Nothing. Would you like to see Hyun Ki? I was going to take him down to the ball pit. He should be waking up from his nap at any moment." I was rambling, but his very presence had thrown me off.

"I've got a meeting," Taehyung stated. "Make sure to keep him out of my office. I'll be conducting it there."

"What kind of meeting?" I pressed, curious. Did it have to do with the mafia and Baekhyun's attacks, or was it something else?

His throat worked. "It's about a legitimate business venture."

My breath caught. He was still working on it. Did that mean that he wanted us to be genuinely happy? He was trying. "Taehyung, I—"