𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝟳

Taehyung

"What the hell? Didn't they tell you not to do that by yourself?"

I shrugged on the shirt, grimacing as I felt the pull on my stitches. Fuck, that hurt. "I'm not going to have you fucking dress me. I can dress myself."

Jungkook muttered under his breath and I buttoned the shirt over my bandages, wanting nothing more than to crawl back in the bed and ask for pain meds. After a week in this hospital, I was breaking out, ready to go back to my penthouse and continue with my work. The doctor had finally accepted that I wasn't going to stay any longer, but he had cautioned me on what I could and could not do.

The list that I could not do was fucking long as my arm.

Jungkook had stuck by me for the entire week, helping me run everything from the bed. At first, they all came to pay their respects, and likely to check to make sure I wasn't on my deathbed.

But after they all trickled back to their posts, it was only Jungkook and me. He had kept me sane during the week, and I couldn't be more grateful to have someone like that watching my back.

I turned around and picked up the coat he had brought me, shrugging it on as well. "Let's get the fuck out of here."

He nodded, grabbing the bag he had brought earlier in the week. "The car is downstairs."

I swallowed as we walked out of the room. "Any word?"

He shook his head. "No, none, 조폭."

I kept my mask of indifference on my face, but inside I was sick. A week without any word of where Y/n could be. I had feelers out all over the city, even a few watching the airports, but no one had seen her. When Jungkook had delivered the news, it had taken him and a few of the doctors holding me down to keep me in the bed. I didn't really remember much after that as they had knocked me out for fear that I would split my stitches.

But now that it had sunk in, I felt this gaping hole in my chest where my heart had used to be.

She had disappeared. It was a sickening feeling, knowing I couldn't protect her because I couldn't fucking find her. Wherever she had gone, she had done a hell of a job getting there, and the one thing I knew for certain was that Baekhyun didn't have her.

He would be gloating if he did.

No, wherever she was, she was likely safe for now as long as she continued to lie low and keep her smarts about her.

I just wished she hadn't run. There was unfinished business between us, many things to clear up. I hadn't killed her parents, my father had, and he thought he had good reason to do so.

I doubted that was going to change Y/n's feelings toward me and the situation, but what mattered was that she was carrying my child, and she had Hyun Ki with her.

She was coming back.

She had to come back. I couldn't fucking live without her. The week without her had nearly driven me insane, and all I wanted to do was hold her in my arms and know that she was safe.

Right now, I couldn't rest until she was.

I climbed in the car carefully, wondering how long that incision would hurt me. The doctor had told me I had been lucky to survive, but I couldn't understand why Baekhyun hadn't finished me off, made sure I was dead.

It was going to be his fucking mistake, leaving me alive. I was going after him. He would pay for the terror he had caused my family, and he would regret the day he touched Y/n.

I just hoped I could find him before he found her.

"Where to?" Jungkook asked as the car pulled out of the parking lot.

I leaned back in the seat. Now that I was free from the hospital, I could feel the familiar rage building inside me at Y/n's sudden escape and the fact that KNPA had not found Mia yet. She, too, had disappeared off the face of the earth and since I was laid up in the hospital, I didn't know if they were really trying to find her or not.

For the commissioner's sake, he better be. I was done being the nice guy. I was done playing with them all, and one misstep would take them to their deaths.

"Take me to the penthouse," I finally said, closing my eyes. Fuck, I hurt. Just the barest hint of movement made me nauseous, and I couldn't fight Baekhyun like this.

But my day would be coming. I was going to make him hurt, make him beg for his life before I ended it. He had tried to kill me. He had killed my sister and my nephew.

He had tried to kill my fucking wife and threatened my son's life. He was not going to see the end of the month.

And Y/n. When I found her, I was going to chain her to the bed in the penthouse so that she couldn't leave me again. I knew why she had run, but it didn't mean that I was happy about it. She was out there, without my protection, and if Baekhyun found out, she would be a target for him.

That I couldn't stomach. I couldn't see that panic in her eyes, the terror he had caused in her life. She didn't deserve it.

What she did deserve was an explanation from me, and she would get it the moment I found her.

Then I wouldn't let her out of my sight again. If she thought that the first time was harsh, I was about to show her how harsh I could be.

"What's the plan?" Jungkook asked softly as we pulled onto the familiar street. "What do you need first?"

I looked at him. "I need my fucking wife and kids back." I wouldn't rest until they were under my protection once more.

TBC