Prologue - The Meeting

Location - Convenience Store

Your POV

Hi there, my name is (Y/N) (L/N), and... well... I haven't been living an easy life, mostly because of my parents. They haven't received the best parents of the year award with the way they have been treating me.

My parents would often get mad at me for just about anything, even if it's something stupid like eating. For once, I would like to have parents who won't be so abusive to me everyday. Thankfully, I do have one friend who is there for me when I need it. It's a female named Aoba Moca. We've been friends for a few months now, and I feel close to her, in terms of friendship at least.

Today it was Moca's turn to manage the register at the convenience store she works at. And because today was a slow day for her, I can chat with her while she works. As I entered the store, Moca greeted me.

"Welcome!" She said.

"Hi there, Moca." I said and waved to her.

"Oh, it's (Y/N)-kun. Are you here to see the cute, adorable Moca-chan?" She would often ask me whenever I come to her.

"Yeah, you know it." I replied, because I don't know the other person she works with.

"Fufu, that makes Moca-chan happy." She said and a grin spread across her face.

"And of course... to get away from them." I said, looking down at the ground.

You see, Moca is the only one who knows about what I am going through, and I can't go to a therapist because I can't afford one, and I don't have a part-time job to make that happen. Thankfully, I was willing to open up to Moca. It is free for one, and she won't judge me for anything that I say to her. 

"Oh, are your parents at it again?" Moca asked, sounding worried.

"Yeah, they are. It's like I was the biggest mistake they have ever made." I said softly.

Moca's face began to fell.

"Don't say that, it'll make Moca-chan sad." She said.

"But what if it's true?" I asked.

"It's not true." Moca replied. "If you weren't born, you wouldn't be friends with Moca-chan."

I guess she does have a point. Some things were meant to happen, and I guess me being born was one of them.

"Maybe you're right." I said and smiled. "Thanks, Moca."

"Hehe, no need to thank me. Moca-chan always knows how to cheer up her friends."

Not long after, Moca's phone started to go off. After looking at it, another smile was formed.

"Looks like Hii-chan messaged me. She wants to know if it's okay to meet you." Moca said.

Moca would often tell me about her friends and how they're in a band together called Afterglow. I've been wanting to meet them, but because of how I have been dealing with life stuff, I just never had the chance.

"Of course, you know how I have always wanted to meet her and the other members of Afterglow." I said.

"Okay, I'll let her know, and tell everyone to meet up." Moca said and she did just that. But of course, we have to wait until she is done with work.

Then once her shift ended, she changed out of her work clothes and walked out the convenience store. I was already outside waiting for her.

"Alright, Moca-chan is ready to introduce (Y/N) to her kids." She said and I start to laugh a little.