Chapter 9 - A Place of My Own

Evening...

Location - (L/N) Residence, Living Room

Your POV

I'm having another sleepless night here at the Mitake residence. At first, I thought it really was a good idea to sleep on the couch, but after being here for a few months, I don't know why I ever thought it was a good idea. I can't wait to get a place of my own, but finding one might be a challenge for me. I think I know what I need to do tomorrow morning.

"I will began searching for a place to call my own." I said to myself, then tried to go back to sleep.
______________________________________

The next day...

As the sun arose the next morning, I woke up early and went online to get a head start in finding a house, or an apartment complex. At that moment, Ran came out of her room and hugged me from behind.

"Oh, morning Ran." I said as I looked up towards her.

"Morning to you too." She replied and gave me a kiss on the cheek. Ran has become much more lively since we first started dating.

"Did you had a good sleep?" I asked.

"I guess so." She softly replied.

"And did you sleep good?" She asked in return.

"No, not really..." I replied and let out a yawn.

"Oh..."

Then Ran started to notice what I was looking at.

"Hey, what are you looking at exactly?" She asked with a curious expression.

"Oh this? I'm just looking for a new place to live." I said.

"A new place to live? Why would you want that?" She asked.

"Because even though I am thankful for letting me stay with you guys, I felt like I have overstayed my welcome, and I think it is time for me to move out." I explained.

Ran's face began to fell.

"Oh, are you sure you don't want to stay a bit longer?" Ran asked me.

"I want to, but I really can't spend another night here." I replied. Can you blame me for this decision? After all, I am sleeping on the couch.

"Oh... I understand..." Ran softly replied.

I was about to say something to cheer her up and show her the bright side to all of this, but she managed to change her facial expression, and let out a small smile.

"Would you like me to help you find a place?" She asked.

"Oh, are you sure you want to help me, considering how sad you were a moment ago?" I asked.

"Yeah, I am sure. All I want is for you to be happy, even if it means finding a new home." She said, and sat down next to me.

Hearing that did made me smile.

"Thanks Ran, I appreciate that."

We smiled at each other, then Ran moved closer and hugged my arm. And finally, we went back to the house/apartment search. There were a lot of options, and I am going to go through all of them.
______________________________________

A few weeks later...

After doing a lot of endless searching for weeks, I was able to find a house that I felt like that is meant for me. I even shared this news with Mr. Mitake, and he was happy, yet sad at the same time.

It took some convincing of the landlord of that house to let me stay there. But once he understood what I was going through, he had a change of heart, and decided to let me live there rent free. For the first three months, at least.

Now it was time for me to go live over at my new house, but I couldn't go without saying goodbye to Ran and her father, and thanking them for everything.

"Thank you both for letting me stay here. I really appreciate it." I said and bowed to them.

"It's no problem. If anything, I should be the one to thank you." He said.

"Really? How?" I asked. I am curious about his response.

"You managed to make a huge difference on my daughter's life. You got her to smile more than usual, something that is not often shown." He explained. I guess he is right about that.

"Well, that is because I am thankful to Ran. Without her, I wouldn't be this happy at all."

Then I focused my attention on her.

"You plan on visiting us sometime, right?" Ran asked as her face fell.

"Of course I will. I love you a lot, Ran, and the two of you will always be like family to me." I said and gave her a kiss on the cheek.

I hugged them for a final time, then I grabbed my bags and headed to my new house.
______________________________________

45 minutes later...

Location - New (L/N) Residence

I made it to my new house in less than an hour. Well, more like 45 minutes. Once I got there, I made sure to got a good look around the place. Truth be told, there isn't a lot for me to work here. There was no couch, no bed, no dining room table and no tv.

"I guess this is okay. I can make the most of this for a while." I said to myself. 

However, I was lucky enough that this house had the appliances good to go for me, but who knows how old they are.

"I better take pictures of this, and send them to Afterglow." I said.

I started taking some pictures in every place of the house I can possibly get, then I sent those pictures to the Afterglow group chat, so the girls could see it, too.

"And... sent."

The second part to getting my life together was done. The last part might be something I think I have tried many times, but I am not convinced I have fully done it... I need to overcome my past.

To be continued

A/N: Thank you for reading chapter 9, and I hoped you liked it. I honestly don't know what else to say other we're near the halfway mark of the book. See you in the next chapter and have a good one. :)