Chapter 7 - Snowfall Feelings (Fantasy Season Story #4)

A few days before Christmas Eve...

Location - Mitake Residence, Living Room

Your POV

After dealing with a lot of sadness from the abuse that my parents gave me, I finally have something to be excited about. Christmas was right around the corner, and I couldn't help but get excited, and want it come as soon as possible. Christmas has always been my favorite holiday, but I could never had a good Christmas back when I was still living with my parents. They would often drink a lot, and have me stay in my room with no Christmas presents to boot.

But this year, it was going to be different, as I finished helping out Mr. Mitake with the Christmas tree. It wasn't a tall Christmas tree, but he didn't care. It was still a Christmas tree in his eyes.

"Thanks for helping me out with the Christmas tree." He said to me.

"No need to thank me, I am just happy to help you." I replied.

"From what you told me, this is your first proper Christmas, right?" Mr. Mitake asked me.

"Yeah, everywhere my parents would just drink, and when they're drunk, they take it out on me." I replied.

"Oh my, that's not good at all."

"It really isn't. But I know this year is going to be different, because of the amount of friends I have now."

Mr. Mitake smiled at me.

"It's good to know that you're being so positive about this. You're like the son I've always wanted." He said.

"That's good to know."

"Speaking of, though, Ran should really be down here to help us with the Christmas decorations." Mr. Mitake said.

"Oh, umm... you might want to leave her be. I'm sure she's planning something with Afterglow." I said.

Truth be told, I haven't spoken to Ran since I went to the flower shop with her, as she assumed it was a date. It was starting to become awkward around here now.

"Oh, well, okay." He shrugged.
______________________________________

30 minutes later...

Mr. Mitake and I worked hard to make the house as beautiful as possible for Christmas. Since Ran is giving me the cold shoulder right now, this is the only thing I could do. After a while, the house was finally decorated.

"Ah, now this is how you decorate a house." Mr. Mitake proudly said.

"Yeah, it is looking nice." I replied.

"If there is anything I can do for you in return, let me know." He said.

"Actually, there are two things I want..." I said.

"Oh, and what might that be?"
______________________________________

Meanwhile...

Location - Mitake Residence, Ran's Room

Ran's POV

I sighed in my room as I stared out at the window, watching the snow fall from the sky. I was thinking that maybe I shouldn't have been so hard on (Y/N). After all, I have been giving him the cold shoulder when he assumed that our trip to the flower shop was a date. I wonder where the hell he got that idea? I hope Moca didn't have anything to do with this...