Chapter 14 - The Next Song

A few weeks later...

Location - Hazawa Coffee

Your POV

During one of the weekends in March, Afterglow did a live performance and as someone who was watching it, I would say that they have done a fantastic job. Afterglow performed a new song, too, and I must say, it was one of the best songs I have ever heard in a while. I am curious on what song Ran would write up next, but I guess we'll have to wait for a while, huh?

To celebrate the success of their show, Afterglow decided to have a small party at Hazawa Coffee, and of course, I was invited to join them. Everyone was eager to get the party started, especially Himari and Ran even though she is not showing it.

"Come on guys! Let's get this party started!" Himari said.

"Careful Hii-chan." Moca began. "If you eat all the party snacks, there won't be any left for the rest of us."

"I see where you're going with this, Moca, and I am too happy to be bother by your comments." Himari replied.

"Well, I'd say we get the party started or else the evening is going to slip away from us." I said.

Everyone else agreed. We all took our glasses of drinks, and did a nice little cheer with them. Then we got started with eating the snacks the Hazawa family provided for us. As we were laughing and enjoying ourselves, I noticed Ran sitting by herself with her notebook. I walked over to herself and sat down next to her to see what was up.

"Ran? Any reason why you're sitting over here, and not having fun?" I asked.

She stared at me as her cheeks went red.

"Oh, umm... no reason." She replied as she quickly closed her notebook.

I looked confused.

"Are you doing something in your notebook?" I asked as I sat down beside her.

"Umm, you could say that..." She answered as she slightly looked away from me. Now I am starting to get more curious on what she is doing.

"Are you writing a new song already?" I asked.

"You could say that..." She shyly replied.

"Is it... okay for me to look at them?" I asked.

Ran didn't give me a reply, but she nodded at me shyly. She gave me her notebook and I began to go through it. I eventually found her new song, and ended up looking at her other songs along the way. I read her new song to myself, and smiled afterwards.

"This is really good." I said.

"Huh? You think so?" She asked.

"Yeah, I do." I answered. "I take it you're going to use it in the next Afterglow show?"

"Well, I-"

Before Ran could give me an answer, Moca and the others came over to us.

"Okay lovebirds, what are you doing not partying with us?" Moca asked.

"Oh, umm... well... you see..." Ran struggled a response.

"Oh, Ran was showing me a new song that she was writing for the next Afterglow show-" I said, but Ran smacked me upside the head.

"Don't say that out loud!" She shouted.

"What? Was I not suppose to do that?" I asked. 

"A new song? Do you mind if I see it?" Himari asked.