Chapter 19 - The Planned Proposal

A few more years later...

Location - Mitake Residence, Living Room

Your POV

The years just keep going by. Ran and I are getting older and older. If I am not too careful, I might become an old man faster than I think. By now, both Ran and I, along with the other members of Afterglow, graduated from college and began making our careers a reality. We all picked different careers, but every now and then, we would all meet up at the new cafe that is being run by Tsugumi.

It took a while for Ran and I to start up our own flower shop. We were lucky that we were able to find a store that was no longer in use, and after getting it fixed up, as well as getting all the flowers ready, we were ready to go. I gotta say, business was booming, and I had Ran to thank for this.

However, there is something that you should know. Ran and I are not even engaged yet. The idea crossed my mind, but I was scared to ask Mr. Mitake for his blessing, considering how overprotective he is of Ran. But I decided I wasn't going to run away from this. I will get Mr. Mitake's blessing and pop the question on her.

As I arrived at the Mitake household, Ran's father let me inside and we sat down in the living room.

"So, (Y/N)-kun, what did you want to talk to me about?" He asked. "It must be important if you came here without Ran, right?"

"It is. I was scared before to ask this, but I decided that I am going to go through with it." I said.

"Go through with what?"

"I want to marry Ran, but to do that, I'll need your blessing."

Mr. Mitake stayed silent.

"So... is it okay for me to marry Ran?"

He stayed silent even longer, and he looked at me with a serious expression.

"Is this what you really what?" He asked.

"Yes, I do."

After thinking about it for a while, he gave me a smile and spoke up.

"Sure, (Y/N)-kun, I'll give you permission to marry my daughter." He said.

"Really? You'll let me?"

"Yes, of course. Having you in Ran's life made me feel happy, and it's been a while since I have seen such a big smile on her face, too." He said.

"Thank you so much, sir."

"No problem at all. How about we go get you a ring to give to Ran?" He suggested.

"Sounds like a good idea to me."
______________________________________

Location - (L/N)/Mitake Residence, Living Room

Mr. Mitake took me to the mall and we looked at the many engagement rings that were there. It was hard to pick just one of them. Finding the one I think that'll look good on Ran, Mr. Mitake bought it and we parted ways. But when I walked in, Ran was sitting on the couch. She had her arms crossed and she glared at me.

"Where have you been?" She asked.

"Sorry, I had something I needed to do." I said.

"Really? What was so important that you didn't take the time to talk to me?" She asked.

"Before I answer that, I need to say something important." I said.

"Okay, what is it?"

I was nervous, but I need to be brave right now. I took a deep breath and gave Ran a smile.

"Ran, ever since I first met you, my life changed a lot. I never realized you were going to play an important part in it until you confessed to me on that snowy day." I said.

"(Y/N)..." Ran softly responded as her cheeks turned red.

"I was scared to do this before, but now, I think I am confident enough to ask you this."

I got down on one knee and showed her the ring I picked out earlier.

"Mitake Ran, will you marry me?" I asked.

Ran gasped as she covered her mouth with her hands. I noticed that tears were coming out of her eyes as well.

"Yes! Yes I will marry you, (Y/N) (L/N)!"

She ran over and hug me tightly, causing me to fall on my butt. I hugged her back. After hugging for a while, I placed the ring on her finger, and she gave me a kiss on the cheek.

"I'm lucky to have you." Ran smiled.

"I'm lucky to have you, too." I smiled back.

To be continued

A/N: That is it for chapter 19 and I hoped you guys liked it. Two chapters and two to go. Can you believe that we're near the end already? Incredible how much time has gone by.

See you in the next chapter and have a good one. :)